Tornados in North FL

Started by Al Sayre, October 18, 2007, 09:12:41 PM

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

stillamarine

Little bit west of where Gene is, but the tornado (singular) touched down maybe a mile from my house. Lot of houses tore up, a church, and the mall. Few flipped vehicles at the Target. Initial word is a few people being seen in the ER of one hospital but nothing worse and no fatalities that I've heard of. All 3 CAP aircraft in this area are all ok.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

floridacyclist

Tim nailed it, but thanks for asking.

Glad y'all are ok Tim.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

Psicorp

Glad to read that everyone is (mostly) okay.  We had a few "whirly-winds" here in MI too.  So far no word on any major damage.

I heard Pensacola's "Temple of Capitalism" got hit.  I've spend many at that mall.

Be safe out there.
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: Psicorp on October 19, 2007, 12:13:13 PM
Glad to read that everyone is (mostly) okay.  We had a few "whirly-winds" here in MI too.  So far no word on any major damage.

I heard Pensacola's "Temple of Capitalism" got hit.  I've spend many at that mall.

Be safe out there.

Sounds like you got all of the severe weather we were supposed to get.  We had rain, extremely isolated hail, and the tornado watch proved fruitless thankfully.

SAR-EMT1

Central IL really got knocked about last night and the night before. Tornado sirens were going off all over the state.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student