NESA accommodation

Started by AL087, January 31, 2012, 10:36:35 AM

AL087

I want to attend a week of NESA this year, but due to my work schedule, it's hard to justify spending my only days off for the month away from my family.  I was told that there was some family housing available at NESA and I wanted to know if anyone has used it before, how much it was, and how the facilities were.

coudano

i don't know any of those things about atterbury, but depending on which course you attend, you will be busy enough at nesa that you won't have much time to go chill at family housing anyway.

Angus

I'm not sure about on base but there are some pretty decent hotels about 15 minutes down the road.  if you're in MACS you'll have a little more time than you would if you were attending GSAR but not much more.  I can't speak to Mission Base though.
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Larry Mangum

If you are a ICSS student, you will start between 0700 and 0800 daily, depending upon the dining schedule at the DFAC. You will not be done on most nights until around 2100 hrs.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

Ed Bos

If you are interested in the GSAR program, GSAR students are required to stay with the other students in open bay barracks, and the training days are typically no shorter than 12-14 hours.

This is not an activity where you want to bring your family, since there's very little for your family to do in the area while you're busy (ALLL DAY).

I'm curious to know: Which school would you like to attend, and what role does the person who told you about the family housing serve at NESA?

Cheers, and I hope to see you in Indiana!
EDWARD A. BOS, Lt Col, CAP
Email: edward.bos(at)orwgcap.org
PCR-OR-001

LadyROBOcop

Im looking to be ground team qualified, is there an alternate way to get the qualification/qual. badge without attening NESA, ill be doing a different cadet activity that interferes with this event.

davidsinn

Quote from: LadyROBOcop on February 05, 2012, 07:40:31 PM
Im looking to be ground team qualified, is there an alternate way to get the qualification/qual. badge without attening NESA, ill be doing a different cadet activity that interferes with this event.

Yeah, find someone local to train you.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Pylon

Quote from: LadyROBOcop on February 05, 2012, 07:40:31 PM

Yes, you can get ES qualifications (and any related qualification badge) by doing the training through anybody with the same qualifications (and the SET qualification). You can train locally, and do it all in just a few longer training sessions or space it out over time as you get different items on the SQTR down and signed-off.  NESA is not a requirement to become mission qualified, but for many it's convenient to get all the learning done in one span (and ostensibly gain a more in-depth and better grasp of the materials because of the quality of instruction available there).
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

LadyROBOcop

Thanks. I have a feeling im almost there, im not "official" ground team. I have 101 card and getting a first aid class soon

davidsinn

Quote from: LadyROBOcop on February 05, 2012, 10:18:01 PM
Thanks. I have a feeling im almost there, im not "official" ground team. I have 101 card and getting a first aid class soon

You have a lot of work to go. What does your SQTR look like?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn