Main Menu

AEX Activity Ideas?

Started by edubb811, December 09, 2011, 03:44:54 PM

edubb811

So my squadron commander out of the blue hands me some AEX books and says "make this happen"! As stressful as this may sound, I was up for a challenge. Upon looking over the activities, I started to wonder what other projects I could come up with. Some of the projects seemed way to boring like "make a paper airplane". Any ideas?

lordmonar

Remember your target audiance.

Paper airplanes may be boring for you....but what about your cadets/seniors?

If it is going to be boring for them....then my all means move to the other activities or find something else.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

arajca

"Make a paper airplane" may be boring. "Make a paper airplane that can glide the farthest/fly the straigtest line/etc" is not. Particularly if you have time for multiple design attempts. We did that. The cadets had a blast! They were not satisified with winning by a half inch or an inch. They wanted to wing by feet - make sure there was no room for error. IIRC, each cadet had four or five designs that evolved as they went.

FARRIER

Photographer/Photojournalist
IT Professional
Licensed Aircraft Dispatcher

http://www.commercialtechimagery.com/stem-and-aerospace

Huey Driver

We built a wind tunnel and tested the effectiveness of each cadet's handcrafted foam wing. It proved to be fun, out of the ordinary, and a good learning experience.
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...