Aircraft Recognition Guide

Started by RADIOMAN015, April 15, 2011, 01:16:33 PM

RADIOMAN015

Recently got as a gift Jane's "Aircraft Recognition Guide' 5th edition, publisher Collins, ISBN: 978-0-00-725792-8.  At the local BX the cost is $21.95.

Anyways this is great reference book to carry around with you if you are into the hobby of aircraft spotting or just want to be able to see all the variety of aircraft being flown throughout the world in a concise book, 528 pages, 7 1/2" X 4 3/4" in size.
The index includes the following type of aircraft/helos:
Civil Jet Airlines, Civil Prop Airlines, Civil Utility Aircraft, Business Jets & Turbo Props, Private Light Aircraft, Civil Helicopters, Combat Aircraft, Military Training Aircraft, Combat Support Aircraft, & Military Helicopters.

Each aircraft/helo has 1 page on information including:  picture of aircraft;,  black silhouette  view (front, side, top), description including short history; specifications (accommodations, cargo handling, max speed, range), dimensions, model variants, & features.

I think it's an excellent book for the money and a easy reference source for those interested in aviation.

RM         

JeffDG

Huey Driver

With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

coudano

i dont see the swamp gas listed there...

DC

Quote from: coudano on April 16, 2011, 01:41:18 AM
Second from the left in the second row, the balloon looking thing right above the USS Enterprise. 

davidsinn

Quote from: DC on April 16, 2011, 02:51:59 AM
Quote from: coudano on April 16, 2011, 01:41:18 AM
Second from the left in the second row, the balloon looking thing right above the USS Enterprise.

You mean the actual weather balloon?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

coudano

hey  check out this ink pen...