182 covers a 172 ?

Started by etodd, May 07, 2019, 02:21:25 PM

etodd

I'm looking right over it I'm sure, but can't find it. Where in the Regs does it say that taking my F5 in a 182 and submitting the Questionnaire for a 182, then makes me good to go for a year in a 172 as well?

I have one CFI saying I need to submit a Questionnaire for the 172, but another who says that you only submit the Questionnaire for the one you flew the F5 in.

Quote7.2.1.2. Complete the appropriate questionnaire (CAPFs 5Q-A, 5Q-B, or 5Q-G) for the make and model of CAP aircraft in which the member is being evaluated.

Am I covered for both? Where does it say so?
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

sparks

Each aircraft you are qualified to fly must have had an initial CAPF 5 which would include an aircraft questionnaire. In the past each qualified aircraft required resubmitting of a new questionnaire Annually. CaPR 70-1 changed that so you only have to submit the highest level qualification aircraft questionnaire I.e. if you have flown the 172 and 182 you would only need to submit the 182 questionnaire as part of the CAPF5.

etodd

Quote from: sparks on May 07, 2019, 02:48:12 PM

CaPR 70-1 changed that so you only have to submit the highest level qualification aircraft questionnaire I.e. if you have flown the 172 and 182 you would only need to submit the 182 questionnaire as part of the CAPF5.

Evidently eServices hasn't caught up with 70-1:

I'll fill out a 172 questionaire and get my check pilot to score it.  I'll upload and submit it and see what happens.

PHall

What does your wing's Stan Eval folks say? They're the one's who enforce the rules.

etodd

Each aircraft you are qualified to fly must have had an initial CAPF 5 which would include an aircraft questionnaire. In the past each qualified aircraft required resubmitting of a new questionnaire Annually. CaPR 70-1 changed that so you only have to submit the highest level qualification aircraft questionnaire I.e. if you have flown the 172 and 182 you would only need to submit the 182 questionnaire as part of the CAPF5.

While yes, 7.2.1.2. just says to submit one for the aircraft flown during the F5 ... it doesn't "specifically" state that I'm still covered for the 172, and since last year's lapsed, the system says its a no-go.

Bottom line, I filled out one for the 172, and will get my Check Pilot to score it at tonight's meeting, and will submit it.

Its just simpler than poking the bear at Wing.  LOL

PHall

You're not "poking a bear at wing", you're asking for some clarification so that you can do the right thing.
No worse then asking your check pilot a question.

Huey Driver

I fly both regularly, and had a check pilot only score the C182 questionnaire on my last checkride - so I uploaded and validated that. But since eServices doesn't reflect the new rule - when I go to fly the Skyhawk, the FRO sees "not qualified".
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

etodd

Quote from: Nor'easter on May 08, 2019, 12:40:51 AM
I fly both regularly, and had a check pilot only score the C182 questionnaire on my last checkride - so I uploaded and validated that. But since eServices doesn't reflect the new rule - when I go to fly the Skyhawk, the FRO sees "not qualified".

Yep. So I've been trying to upload a 172 Questionnaire for a few hours but the uploads docs feature of eServices seems to be broken. "Coincidentally" the same day the new LMS system was rolled out. Related?  🤣

BJD

The questionnaire required to be submitted is for the aircraft you are using for your checkride, not necessarily the "highest level qualification" aircraft .  However, when the CAPF 5 data is entered in Ops Qual, all of the aircraft you hold qualification, in the same category, need to be entered in the Questionnaire section of Ops Qual.  If the data isn't entered, it won't be validated.  The exceptions are G1000 and complex aircraft, which require separate CAPF 5 check rides so they would need the respective questionnaires submitted for those aircraft at the time of the respective check rides.

etodd

Quote from: BJD on May 08, 2019, 03:41:37 PM

However, when the CAPF 5 data is entered in Ops Qual, all of the aircraft you hold qualification, in the same category, need to be entered in the Questionnaire section of Ops Qual.  If the data isn't entered, it won't be validated.

And the final answer is ^^^^

Took my F5 in the 182 Monday, but yes, I had to submit a separate questionnaire for the 172.  One flight in the 182, but both questionnaires required. And ... I should probably upload one for the Maule as well, before it expires. Hmmm.

BJD

Quote from: etodd on May 08, 2019, 06:17:54 PM
Quote from: BJD on May 08, 2019, 03:41:37 PM

However, when the CAPF 5 data is entered in Ops Qual, all of the aircraft you hold qualification, in the same category, need to be entered in the Questionnaire section of Ops Qual.  If the data isn't entered, it won't be validated.

And the final answer is ^^^^

Took my F5 in the 182 Monday, but yes, I had to submit a separate questionnaire for the 172.  One flight in the 182, but both questionnaires required. And ... I should probably upload one for the Maule as well, before it expires. Hmmm.

The questionnaire should not have been required for the 172 and should not be required for the Maule, since they are both aircraft in the same category.  That is assuming you had an initial F5 in each of those and a questionnaire had previously been uploaded.  The only additional step required is the data entry of the additional aircraft in Ops Qual.  If your wing is unfamiliar with the correct requirements, they can question the NHQ DOV.

BJD

This topic is also covered in section 7 of the CAPR 70-1 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers, found at GoCivilAirPatrol.com ---> Programs ---> Emergency Services ---> Aircraft Operations ---> Standardization & Evaluation.

etodd

Quote from: BJD on May 08, 2019, 07:25:06 PM

The questionnaire should not have been required for the 172 and should not be required for the Maule, since they are both aircraft in the same category.  That is assuming you had an initial F5 in each of those and a questionnaire had previously been uploaded.  The only additional step required is the data entry of the additional aircraft in Ops Qual.  If your wing is unfamiliar with the correct requirements, they can question the NHQ DOV.

Oh I agree.  But eServices must have a bug. IDK.  I just took the simple way out and uploaded the 172 one, and got it validated. I guess too much info in my docs folder is better than too little.

Regs or not, its what works in eServices that counts, so that the FRO will see I'm "qualified" and will release me.   I'll let others figure out the issue. I just wanted to get a release. I'm ready to fly. LOL