Main Menu

Cadet Brig. General?

Started by MustangCadet, December 23, 2005, 05:22:23 AM

MustangCadet

Hey i was sitting around the other day and thought to myself that it would be cool if there was a Cadet Brig. Gen.  The seniors have it up to Major General so why should't we have it up to B.G.?

Personally I think it would be cool but what do you guys think? Do you like the idea? We probably couldn't do anything about it, but what do you think about the idea? Please express your thoughts and feelings about it.
C/CMSgt Anthony Gallozzi
Mustang Cadet Squadron
RMR-CO-148
HGA White Hat '07

JaL5597

What would be the reason for having a Cadet Brigadier General?  What would the responsiblities of this cadet be?

In Chicago there is a 4 diamond cadet officer in the JROTC Program.  This "Cadet Brigadier General" oversees the unified command for all 11,000 plus cadets in the JROTC Programs in Chicago.

I do not think that adding another level to the top of the cadet program is a good idea considering since 1964 only 1576 cadets have earned the grade of Cadet Colonel.

BillB

CAP did have the rank of C/BGen back in the 1940's. I know since I was one of reportedly seven that were given the rank. The concept of C/BGen lasted about one week. It ended when USAF ROTC complained to CAP that since they didn't have the rank of C/BGen, CAP shouldn't. I was never aware of what qualkifications were required, the grade was appointed by the Wing Commander. Keep in mind, rank was NOT tied to number of achievements completed at this time period. Cadets could go up (or down) in rank depending on their duty assignment or level of experience. The grade of C/VGen was unique, since at this time period the highest grade in the cadet progfram was C/LtCol. As I was told, the only cadets given the grade were cadets that had completed the Cadet COP plus the two clasps for completing the final two achievements . (this would be roughly equal to days Spaatz)
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

footballrun21

How would any cadet complete this level in this amount of time.  You can only be a cadet till your 21.  Most cadets don't even make it to their Mitchell, let alone Spaats.  How do you think they would be able to make it to C/BGen.  It's almost impossible, even if you join at 13.
C/2d Lt. Stephen Pettit, CAP
New Jersey Wing

JaL5597

Quote from: footballrun21 on December 23, 2005, 05:12:55 PM
How would any cadet complete this level in this amount of time.  You can only be a cadet till your 21.  Most cadets don't even make it to their Mitchell, let alone Spaats.  How do you think they would be able to make it to C/BGen.  It's almost impossible, even if you join at 13.

If you do everything in the minimum time allowed it is possible to complete the program in 38 months.  Thats a little over 3 years.

I just don't see where the grade of Cadet Brigadier General would fit in.  The only example I personally know of is the JROTC cadet in Chicago.  Like I said before they head up the unified staff and the "command" is over 11,000 cadets.

We do not have Cadet Wing Commanders and outside of special activites and encampments I have never seen the need for a supergrade cadet officer.

shorning

Quote from: footballrun21 on December 23, 2005, 05:12:55 PMMost cadets don't even make it to their Mitchell, let alone Spaats. 

What's a "Spaats"?!?  Those things you wear on your shoes?

Or are you referring to General Carl A. Spaatz?

Matt

Well, theoretically is could fit in in a couple places.  However, CAP does not give temporary promotions; otherwise the National Encampment C/CC could be given it.

AFRTOC uses c/Brig Gen for the Arnold Air Society (AAS).  (S)He's the head honcho for AAS in the nation, and is given the honorary grade of c/Brig Gen.

For us: we could do something similar and give it to the Chairperson for National CAC. Or even go as far as something similar to the Nat'l CoC and make the Chair c/Maj Gen and the Vicechair c/Brig Gen, however that would be pushing it even further then it would have been.

Just my 2 cents.
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

footballrun21

Quote from: shorning on December 23, 2005, 09:21:19 PM
Quote from: footballrun21 on December 23, 2005, 05:12:55 PMMost cadets don't even make it to their Mitchell, let alone Spaats. 

Sorry, I ment Spattz  8)
C/2d Lt. Stephen Pettit, CAP
New Jersey Wing

MIKE

Quote from: footballrun21 on December 24, 2005, 12:59:00 AM

Sorry, I ment Spattz  8)

Wise guy.  :D
Mike Johnston

flyguy06

I have never heard of any cadet Progam (ROTC, JROTC, West Point, USAFA, Young Marines, Sea Cadets, etc) that have a cadet rank above c/COL. You all are forgeting the purpose of any cadet program. As a cadet, you are in "training" to be an officer. It doesnt matter if you are a cadet Colonel,or a cadet Sergeant. Its training. Leadership Training. In ROTC, you could be a Company Commander oneday and a Platoon Sergeant the next. Its all geared to putting you into various leadership positions to evaluate your leadership potential.

eehite

Quote from: Matt on December 23, 2005, 11:04:05 PM
AFRTOC uses c/Brig Gen for the Arnold Air Society (AAS).  (S)He's the head honcho for AAS in the nation, and is given the honorary grade of c/Brig Gen.

The distinction must be made here that this is an AAS cadet grade, not an AFROTC cadet grade.

C/Col. Everett Hite

Matt

Aaahhh, that I did not know.  I'm not real familiar with the AAS program.  I've had friends in it and have learned through them...  I didn't know that there was actually a different grade structure between AAS and AFROTC.... Cool, learned something new -- paid to live today  :)
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: footballrun21 on December 24, 2005, 12:59:00 AM

Sorry, I ment Spattz  8)

Before 1937, the good General once spelled his name Spatz, he later changed his name to add the second 'a'.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Fearlessleader01

I think that it really wouldn't serve any point to have a C/Brig. Gen. The only person I could see getting it is the National CAC Chairman, but even then that doesn't make much sense. Thats my idea anyways.

C/Capt Joseph T.
CTWG
C/Maj Joseph Trujillo
NER-CT-058 X0
CTWG CAC Chair
GTM-1, EMT-B

Pylon

Quote from: Fearlessleader01 on March 04, 2006, 06:54:03 PM
I think that it really wouldn't serve any point to have a C/Brig. Gen. The only person I could see getting it is the National CAC Chairman, but even then that doesn't make much sense. Thats my idea anyways.

C/Capt Joseph T.
CTWG

Haha... I can see the campaign bumper stickers now.  "Rehman for General!"   ;D  :D
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

SKI304

Quote from: Pylon on March 05, 2006, 01:08:58 AM
Haha... I can see the campaign bumper stickers now.  "Rehman for General!"   ;D  :D

And who says these bumper stickers haven't been around for a few years now? :D

That's our Cheesecake for ya. ;)
BILL HRINKO, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Youngstown ARS Composite Squadron

Pylon

Quote from: SKI304 on March 08, 2006, 06:47:17 AM
Quote from: Pylon on March 05, 2006, 01:08:58 AM
Haha... I can see the campaign bumper stickers now.  "Rehman for General!"   ;D  :D

And who says these bumper stickers haven't been around for a few years now? :D

That's our Cheesecake for ya. ;)

Wait, you've got some?   :o   I want my "Promote Cheesecake!" merchandise!   :D
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP