Main Menu

Dear NHQ.

Started by Майор Хаткевич, October 08, 2014, 12:43:29 AM

Eclipse

Quote from: PHall on October 12, 2014, 05:12:39 PM
And, as far as I can tell, they're all in complience with CAPM 39-1. So what's the point?

That is the point...

"That Others May Zoom"

Shuman 14

And, as far as I can tell, they're all in complience with CAPM 39-1. So what's the point?

I think you missed the point.

We're not complaining about the members non-compliance, they are within the current regulation/instruction.

We're complaining that the current CAPM39-1 promotes more diversity than uniformity in regards to the Corporate Grey Uniform.

Grey, Gray, Smoke Grey, Medium Grey, Light Grey, Dove Grey, Dark Grey, Gunmetal Grey... and so on.

Now lets add in the various fabrics, cotton, polyester, wool, rayon, blends, etc.

How many different styles of black belts and black shoes do want to add to that mix too?  :-\

How about this, we expect members, who wear the USAF style uniform to buy a uniform that meets certain standards... is it too much to expect the same of those members that wear the corporate uniform?

The White Shirt will be one authorized brand and style.

The Grey Trousers will be one authorized brand and style. Here's a Federal Standard Color Chart... pick a Grey, any Grey, and make that the standard.

Shoes are simple, military issue low quarters... same as authorized with the USAF Style uniform.

Belt is simple too, adopt the US Navy's Enlisted Trouser Belt... same silver buckle and belt tip as the USAF's but the belt itself is black in color.

Now you have a uniform, not the thread bare grey Z-cavariccis pants with a beat up pair of black Vans tennis shoes you pulled out of your 1983 closet that we currently have now.
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

Private Investigator

Quote from: Eclipse on October 12, 2014, 03:16:40 PM
Yeah, everybody's got an "exception" and an "excuse" and a "reason" - NO ONE CARES.

You don't establish a uniform on the .0000000000001% of members who >MIGHT< have a problem.
You set it on mission and purpose and deal with the exceptions as exceptions.

This isn't about "law", this is about appearance and bearing, and CAP's lack of a uniform for the majority of
its adult members.

In the case above the do look like gaggle of people at a homeowner's association meeting.

Exactly. Thank you sir   :clap:

AirAux

Get over yourselves, everybody knows 50 shades of gray is very popular.  What really irritates me is that some bozos wear a watch on the left arm, some on the right arm, some on both arms and some on neither arm,  What is with that?  I mean really, is it too complicated to get the watches where they go??   This smacks of a conspiracy that is quickly getting out of control.  Why oh why can we not be civilized and use pocket watches??

lordmonar

Quote from: AirAux on October 13, 2014, 04:11:02 AMWhy oh why can we not be civilized and use pocket watches??
World Communism!
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: lordmonar on October 13, 2014, 04:23:11 AM
Quote from: AirAux on October 13, 2014, 04:11:02 AMWhy oh why can we not be civilized and use pocket watches??
World Communism!

I'm beginning to smell a big, fat, commie rat... :)
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

James Shaw

Quote from: AirAux on October 13, 2014, 04:11:02 AM
Get over yourselves, everybody knows 50 shades of gray is very popular.  What really irritates me is that some bozos wear a watch on the left arm, some on the right arm, some on both arms and some on neither arm,  What is with that?  I mean really, is it too complicated to get the watches where they go??   This smacks of a conspiracy that is quickly getting out of control.  Why oh why can we not be civilized and use pocket watches??

Time to standardize?  ;D ;D
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

Brit_in_CAP

Why oh why can we not be civilized and use pocket watches??

Good idea...we could be uniform once we settle on open faced, hunter, half hunter or trench watch style..??

;)

Private Investigator

Quote from: Brit_in_CAP on October 13, 2014, 01:33:29 PM

Good idea...we could be uniform once we settle on open faced, hunter, half hunter or trench watch style..??

;)

My good friend, hunter of course.  8)

lordmonar

Yes.......but how long should the fob be?
Silver, gold or silk? :)
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

AirAux

Silver of course, to match the one attached from the belt to wallet and to match the corresponding one that attaches the keys and doodads to the belt on the other side.  Geeeesh, do I have to set all of the standards??????

AirAux

I, of course, mean the same color of silver as on the swagger stick, you know the butt and the point.  Also, should the length of said chains exceed the length of one's swagger stick?  That is a conundrum.  And should it measure from when it folds in half to return upward to the pocket from the belt or total length.  Perhaps we need a committee on this one.  Do I have any volunteers?  Eclipse??

The CyBorg is destroyed

Forget about standardising anything on the grey uniform...after all, isn't that the uniform meant for its wearers to be "flexible" in obtaining parts for?

CAP does ANYTHING to standardise and you'll hear one almighty H-bomb raised from the membership who like it that they can go to Goodwill, St Vince's, etc., and buy a white shirt (any white shirt, as long as it has epaulettes) and grey trousers (any grey trousers) for under $10.00 and it will be "in compliance."
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Brit_in_CAP

Quote from: Private Investigator on October 14, 2014, 03:29:40 AM

;)

Ignore my reply...my riposte was so funny when I saw it in writing..!

Private Investigator

Quote from: Brit_in_CAP on October 15, 2014, 01:21:40 PM
Quote from: Private Investigator on October 14, 2014, 03:29:40 AM

;)

Ignore my reply...my riposte was so funny when I saw it in writing..!

Epee or saber? I prefer the katana 日本刀  8)

The CyBorg is destroyed

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Devil Doc

Is it me? Or am I the only one who bought gray slacks, tried to match the color of the same color gray in the book of the guy wearing them? I think a Dark Gray looks better than a Light gray :)
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

Майор Хаткевич

I matched mine to the slides.

Devil Doc

I think the Slides and the book, are the same guy, lol.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Devil Doc on October 15, 2014, 04:37:12 PM
I think the Slides and the book, are the same guy, lol.

Grade* Slides.