Main Menu

Pointer Cadet Practice ELT

Started by BigMojo, October 12, 2007, 01:11:45 PM

BigMojo

I think I've read every thread on here in regards to this unit...

My Squadron is looking to buy one (I found us a monetary doner  ;D) problem is, I can't find one to buy!

Skygeek.com is backordered for 4-6 weeks
pointeravionics.com is backordered for the same...

Anyone have any other links of where I can find one or does anyone have one they are willing to sell?

Thanks in advance!
-Ben
Ben Dickmann, Capt, CAP
Emergency Services Officer
Group 6, Florida Wing

♠SARKID♠

It always amazes me that those things get backordered.  They aren't particularly hard to make compared to other electronics, and there isn't exactly a burning demand for practice beacons in the world.  They must have a relatively small operation producing those things to have that large of a waiting list.

Al Sayre

Try SEIMAC they make them also.  We got one with our new DF unit.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Tubacap

^was it included or did you buy it in addition?  How much is this equipment going for these days?
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

Al Sayre

It came in the same box with the unit when Wing purchased it, but I don't know if it was an add on.  I wasn't involved in the purchasing.  Wing just came around and passed them out to the units.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

a2capt

You look at the inside and it's pretty much the same thing as the actual model sans arming switch, accelerometer, and output frequency doubling- the PCB appeared to me to be ready to accept the missing items and the other difference being the crystal.

I've considered looking into what it takes to get acceptance if manufactured. they'll still be needed as another way of finding the 406s.

BigMojo

Found this one by the same people that make the "tracker" DF....

http://shop.trackerradio.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=34

It pulse transmits on 121.775. Supposedly is about 3"x2"x1" not including antenna.

Thoughts? Price seems right.
Ben Dickmann, Capt, CAP
Emergency Services Officer
Group 6, Florida Wing