So, aparrently, I had family in CAP...

Started by PhoenixRisen, January 06, 2008, 06:53:11 AM

PhoenixRisen

...back during WWII, and I never even knew it.  Pretty [darn] cool!

They're not that great, as they're screenshots of a DVD I had (which was made for my grandmother's 75th birthday), but here are some pictures I managed to get.

The two in uniform are my great aunt and uncle in early 1942 (I believe).

Major Carrales

This is the coolest thing I have ever seen posted here!!!

You need to follow up, for CAP history and for your family history.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: Major Carrales on January 06, 2008, 07:37:09 AM
This is the coolest thing I have ever seen posted here!!!

You need to follow up, for CAP history and for your family history.

Is there any way CAP might have records or anything of the sort from way back?  (Like I said, they're located in MN - if that helps.)

EDIT - I checked the MNWG website for a Wing Historian, and found a "Historical Research Operations" officer.  Figuring this is the right person to direct my questions, I'm going to shoot him an e-mail, and see what I get back.

afgeo4

I'm sure NHQ historians would be all over the story and may involve public affairs and the Volunteer team in it.
GEORGE LURYE

CASH172

I'm really curious about the MSG insignia. 

BillB

The early NCO ranks were standard army srtipes with a red background. They were often mistaken for Marine Corp ranks so they were dropped in favor of the standard army style. VAP NCOs performed most all ground  and staff duries such as aircraft maint. Admin etc and including armed guards.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

flyguy06

Gunner C

Ford73Diesel

I found out after I joined CAP that my mom and uncle were cadets. My mom has 1 picture from when she was a cadet in unifrom. She said she does'nt remember her cadet days, and my uncle said he remembered making it to C/TSgt