CP master test

Started by darkmatter, November 28, 2017, 02:43:07 PM

darkmatter

so i have everything but time service in the CP specialty track for senior rating i have about 6 more months before i fullfil the 1 year as a tech. is it ok to take the master rating test before i truly have senior rating?

kwe1009

You can take any of the tests at any time.

darkmatter

well i just looked and it says in nice bold red letters prerequisite senior rating required

Eclipse

Another place the system doesn't align with the regs.

BITD (a Thursday), I took just about every online test available, except for Comms, because
you know "Comms", no one ever noticed or cared about the dates, but my 24's were
all on paper.

I've seen people recently make an issue of when the test(s) were taken vs. the rating(s)
(and of course you can just re-take it to fix the date.

"That Others May Zoom"

darkmatter

i think its a new change to online because if i remember correctly about three months ago when i looked at taking the master rating test i could have but now they seem to lock you out till you have the prior rating ie in my case id now actually need senior rating. bummer

kwe1009

Quote from: darkmatter on November 28, 2017, 03:32:07 PM
i think its a new change to online because if i remember correctly about three months ago when i looked at taking the master rating test i could have but now they seem to lock you out till you have the prior rating ie in my case id now actually need senior rating. bummer

That really isn't a bad change.  The test is pretty quick and since you have to be Senior rated for 18 months to get Master, you have plenty of time to take the test.