Mission Aerial Photographer Training

Started by Pumbaa, August 07, 2008, 09:43:09 PM

Pumbaa

Rather than re-Invent the wheel, has anyone put together a suggested training package for Mission Aerial Photographer?

Looking at the images that I have seen, I think we could stand a little improvement in this area. 

I have been a pro photog for over 30 years including aerial work, I am thinking of designing a training mod. 

Even if not accepted by National as a full blown track, a training module would be nice.

If anyone has suggestions, please post them.

bosshawk

There is a guy in CAWG who has put together a training course on aerial photography.  If you PM me, I will get his contact info for you.

You are generally correct, most of CAP does not do a good job of taking photos from an aircraft. 
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

TXCAP

Texas Wing has developed a Aerial Imagery Reference Text along with SQTR tasks and a couple of sets of power point training slides.  It is a lot of material but if you PM me with your contact info we can figure out a way to get it to you.

We will be doing both classroom and practical missions for our Squadron during our DSAREX in a couple of weeks.

flyerthom

Quote from: 1st Lt FAT and FUZZY on August 07, 2008, 09:43:09 PM
Rather than re-Invent the wheel, has anyone put together a suggested training package for Mission Aerial Photographer?

Looking at the images that I have seen, I think we could stand a little improvement in this area. 

I have been a pro photog for over 30 years including aerial work, I am thinking of designing a training mod. 

Even if not accepted by National as a full blown track, a training module would be nice.

If anyone has suggestions, please post them.

I put together a basic Power Point on it. PM me and I'll email it.  I referenced a lot from here:

http://www.arwingcap.org/ES.htm. Scroll down to the aerial damage assessment area. Good stuff.
TC

isuhawkeye

Col. and Mrs. Tomlinson from Iowa did some excellent training a while back