Leasing CAP planes

Started by RiverAux, August 03, 2008, 10:22:54 PM

FW

The plane stays red/white/blue.  However, the decals are removed.  No muss, no fuss or,
Wax on Wax off. ;D

Mustang

I disagree.  A buddy of mine is an F-16 pilot who flew CAPs over the San Francisco Bay, and he said that in a "push comes to shove" environment, that paint job may be the only thing that keeps them from shooting one of our aircraft down.  With the paint job remaining on aircraft not under CAP control, we've lost that potential benefit.   (They sure as [poop] can't see the stickers.)
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

FW

If "push came to shove" in any aircraft,  I'd shoot it down; paint scheme or not.

When I had to fly into the D.C. ADIZ "inner ring", I needed to go through some tough checks and paperwork to get the permissions.  Any pilot who gets too close better know what to do when intercepted, or else.  I have no qualms on selling our aircraft to any legit buyer. 

a2capt

The aircraft was painted about 6 years ago. Before they decided to run out all the 172s. The interior plastic was beat but the rest of it was pretty decent. It made a nice addition to our fleet.

We're also looking at a previous 182 - though it has the older paint scheme, the one thats all straight lines and less blue.