Main Menu

How It Flies

Started by Keith West, July 08, 2008, 12:49:20 PM

Keith West

Fellow Aviators,

Have you ever looked at a plane and wondered what it would be like to fly it? Maybe it's something like a Corsair that you'll probably never pilot, or maybe it's a Cirrus that you'll likely get a chance at. Either way, it's fun to think about such things.

That's why I've developed the site http://www.howitflies.com
It's something like a wikipedia for aircraft- focused on what pilots want to know. Anyone can logon (no registration required) and add information, comments, photos, and videos on their favorite aircraft.

The site hasn't formally launched yet, but I'm opening it up for testing for select groups. Please feel free to give it a try, and let me know through the comments forum what you like, don't like, or is broken.

Thanks,
Keith West
Capt.
Richmond, VA

isuhawkeye

looks like your site got some spam posters.  You might want to take care of that

Duke Dillio

Yeah, you might want to make registration a requirement to post...

Although, I did want to hear that wildwood weed song and I was kindof interested in the heating oil prices...

Other than that, the website looks great.  Can't wait to see how an Apache flies.

Keith West

I knew they would get to it eventually, but I thought it would take longer than the 3 hours after I posted here. Filters are now installed and are starting to learn the offenders. I would hate to have to require everyone to register just to fight off a few idiots.

Psicorp

Quote from: Keith West on July 10, 2008, 11:51:33 AM
I would hate to have to require everyone to register just to fight off a few idiots.

That's the reason we have driving tests, background checks, and high school diplomas...doesn't help. 

Good luck with your site, it's a great idea!
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257