Any Arizona pilots out there

Started by flyguy06, February 19, 2008, 07:09:13 AM

flyguy06

I recently got offered a job with Mesa Airlines as a pilot. i wil be going out to Phoenix next week for one month of ground school. I dont know how much time off I wil have, but I wuld love to lin up with a AZWG member and visit a squadron and do some weekend flying

flynd94

nooooooo.........      :o  Friends don't let Friends Do Mesa!!!!!!!!!   I would definitely think about before you head off to the school house.  Do they still make you sign a 1 year training contract?

I have had many a friend go there and, leave.  If you do go, watch your back.

Keith Stason, Maj, CAP
IC3, AOBD, GBD, PSC, OSC, MP, MO, MS, GTL, GTM3, UDF, MRO
Mission Check Pilot, Check Pilot

flyguy06

I know. I know. I have seen ALL thr gouges on apc.com including yours. Trust me,it wasnt my first choice. I justy want to get some experience and move on.

Hey, I spent a year in Iraq getting shot at. I can deal with a year at a crappy airline. As long as I get experience. I am going from a C-172 to a jet.

flynd94

Don't take this the wrong way but, this is exactly the problem in the industry.  If we didn't have folks like you who are willing to go an airline like Mesa, we would all be better off.  Just be warned, you are now part of the problem.

Being an airline pilot was once a grand career, now its lowest bidder....... how sad.

Thanks for your service in Iraq.  Just watch your back at Mesa.  They like to abuse the pilots, just make sure you know your contract.
Keith Stason, Maj, CAP
IC3, AOBD, GBD, PSC, OSC, MP, MO, MS, GTL, GTM3, UDF, MRO
Mission Check Pilot, Check Pilot

BigMojo

Doesn't Mesa own Go! Airlines? I just read something about two pilots falling asleep on a flight from Honolulu to Hilo, ATC was trying to contact them for 25min, when they allegedly woke up they were 15 miles past Hilo and had to turn around to land...
Ben Dickmann, Capt, CAP
Emergency Services Officer
Group 6, Florida Wing

Frenchie

Quote from: flynd94 on February 21, 2008, 04:30:22 AM
Don't take this the wrong way but, this is exactly the problem in the industry.  If we didn't have folks like you who are willing to go an airline like Mesa, we would all be better off.  Just be warned, you are now part of the problem.

Being an airline pilot was once a grand career, now its lowest bidder....... how sad.

Thanks for your service in Iraq.  Just watch your back at Mesa.  They like to abuse the pilots, just make sure you know your contract.

I don't think it's fair to say the problem is with the pilots who are willing to take those jobs.  There will always be an abundance of people who are willing to fly for peanuts.  That's just the nature of the industry.  If he wasn't taking the job it would be someone else, and if it weren't someone else, the airline would import someone from another country and get them a green card.  Look at all the CFIs out there who work for close to nothing.  You also have the problem that there's too many airlines out there chasing too few passengers.  If it weren't for unions, you wouldn't have airline captains making six figures for any airline.  There will always be people waiting in line for those jobs.

mikeylikey

^ The airline industry is jacked up beyond help.  We would all be better off if the big airlines were broken back up into regionals like it was in the 1950's and early 60's. 

When a pilot makes over $100,000 and ticket prices continue to rise, we need a change. 

I say, take the train.  Amtrak is so cheap!  You can go from DC to LA for like $150  it may take 3 days, but seriously, why is everyone in such a rush these days.  Sit back and enjoy. 

Wow......way off topic.  Flyguy, I am not an Arizona Pilot, sorry!
What's up monkeys?

flyguy06

Thanks for getting us back on topic. If I get the chance, I am going to go to a meeting out there. But I dont know how much time I will have.

flyerthom

TC