SCANG gets credit but CAP doesn't?

Started by Brad, January 16, 2013, 03:50:51 PM

Brad

How can CAP ever hope to improve it's publicity when we get forgotten?!

QuoteMACENTIRE JOINT NATIONAL GUARD BASE, S.C. — The South Carolina Air National Guard plans to conduct an air defense exercise in the skies above Florence.

Guard spokesman Maj. Jim Roth says Wednesday's scheduled exercise includes F-16 fighter jets and a single-engine aircraft....

Full article here: http://www.scnow.com/news/local/article_756539f6-5fd4-11e2-8e18-0019bb30f31a.html

Flown tons of those, in fact I can probably guess who the aircrews will be. What's wrong with naming us in the article?
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

johnnyb47

You wonder if CAP was included in the full interview but the author or editor dropped us due to lack of understanding OR if the spokesman never mentioned us at all.
Capt
Information Technology Officer
Communications Officer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brad

Quote from: johnnyb47 on January 16, 2013, 03:59:15 PM
You wonder if CAP was included in the full interview but the author or editor dropped us due to lack of understanding OR if the spokesman never mentioned us at all.

Indeed, because I know for a fact that we're on a conference call before, during, and after the exercise with the Mission Alert Director, so something happened between there and the article.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

Майор Хаткевич

Given that most of the time reporters butcher us to "The Patrol" or "The Air Patrol", I'm glad they left us out...

coudano

Scang has a fulltime professional paid pr staff whereas cap does not.
does cap have someone writing releases?
does cap have relationship with the guard pao?
does cap release opsec such as this?

RiverAux

I have various news article alerts set up on civil air patrol issues and I regularly see press releases announcing CAP participation in such exercises across the country. 

If CAP isn't mentioned when it should be in news articles, it is almost always the fault of CAP for not having a public affairs person assigned to the event. 

Walkman

I was watching a podcast episode of The Pentagon Channel News from earlier in the month this morning. They reported the (then) upcoming Exercise Falcon Virgo over D.C. and all the players, including us. I've noticed that we're mentioned in most of the official DoD press when we work with the RM on an exercise like this.