0 (0%)
New York
0 (0%)
California (The Cadet Training Group)
5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

CAWGcadet

jeders

The best encampment is the one that you are able to attend and accomplish. Beyond that, there are too many subjective factors to state which wing has the best encampment. There are also a number of factors that change from year to year that may cause one year's encampment to be a bad experience while the next encampment provides an outstanding encampment.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

MSG Mac

DC is actually the "Tri-Wing encampment as its a joint effort of MAryland, Delaware, and National Capitol Wings
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

SARDOC

CAWGcadet

@SARDOC what in your opinion is the best encampment then?

NIN

Quote from: jeders on August 11, 2023, 11:29:41 PMThe best encampment is the one that you are able to attend and accomplish

I was going to say "the one you're at?"

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

SarDragon

Quote from: CAWGcadet on August 23, 2023, 06:03:13 PMWhat in your opinion is the best encampment then?

I've thought of it as the last one someone attended.

"Best" is a variable thing, and it's really hard to make useful comparisons. This is especially true when comparing events from different wings.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Stonewall

Quote from: MSG Mac on August 12, 2023, 04:06:21 AMDC is actually the "Tri-Wing encampment as its a joint effort of MAryland, Delaware, and National Capitol Wings

Not anymore. DCWG broke contact and had their own encampment at the State Military Reserve (Camp Pendleton) in Virginia Beach.
Serving since 1987.