specialty track setting in e-Services (it's about time!)

Started by dwb, July 19, 2005, 07:11:08 PM

dwb

e-Services now includes a specialty track setting module.  It was granted to all people with the Duty Assignment module, but I'm sure you can request it from your WSA.

It's a little tricky, because there's a tiny radio button in which you must select "Yes", or the app barfs and gives you a meaningless error message.  That's what us software developers call "This Piece of Junk was not tested, except by the guy who wrote it, and hence, no one bothered to push the dang buttons!"

But I digress...

After submitting the specialty tracks, the unit commander goes into the Commander's Corner module, and there is an approval link there.

I just tested it with myself and another senior member.  I was able to approve her specialty track, but not my own (I assume that goes to the next echelon for approval, since I'm the CC).

Purty cool, once you spot that tricky radio button.

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

shorning

dwb

Quote from: shorning on July 20, 2005, 09:31:42 AM
Now if I only could access e-Services... >:(

You have to check the "don't crap out" checkbox on the login screen.  ;D

ladyreferee

Quote from: justin_bailey on July 19, 2005, 07:11:08 PM
e-Services now includes a specialty track setting module. It was granted to all people with the Duty Assignment module, but I'm sure you can request it from your WSA.

What is the Duty Assignment module?  Just because I'm assigned the personnel position for the squadron and it is listed as my senior track specialty, I'm not getting any permissions to do anything at all except monkey around with my own information!  So what also is a WSA?
CHERYL K CARROLL, Major, CAP

pixelwonk

Quote from: ladyreferee on July 20, 2005, 04:25:39 PM
Quote from: justin_bailey on July 19, 2005, 07:11:08 PM
e-Services now includes a specialty track setting module. It was granted to all people with the Duty Assignment module, but I'm sure you can request it from your WSA.

What is the Duty Assignment module?  Just because I'm assigned the personnel position for the squadron and it is listed as my senior track specialty, I'm not getting any permissions to do anything at all except monkey around with my own information!  So what also is a WSA?

Cheryl,

Congrats on your promotion to Capt. 
A WSA is a Web Security Administrator.  Gus, your commander, has these WSA privileges, and can issue them to you. 

SarDragon

I just tried to access this new feature, and the app is down. Must be trying to fix it as we speak (1304, PDT).
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

pixelwonk

Quote from: SarDragon on July 20, 2005, 08:00:49 PM
I just tried to access this new feature, and the app is down. Must be trying to fix it as we speak (1304, PDT).

Strange, it worked for me. 

I pencil-whipped myself a nice big, fat master rating in Good-Looking-CAP-Omnipotent Officer.

shorning

Quote from: justin_bailey on July 20, 2005, 01:27:23 PM
Quote from: shorning on July 20, 2005, 09:31:42 AM
Now if I only could access e-Services... >:(

You have to check the "don't crap out" checkbox on the login screen.  ;D

I thought it was supposed to be the "work as advertised" box? 

But really, I don't see myself updating anything in the near future.  I've got the GRW, I'm not active anyway (five years and counting :-\), and specialty tracks don't really mean that much to me since I'm not doing anything in the program.

Anyone need a senior member? ;)

arajca

Quote from: shorning

Heck Yes! I need all I can get to start my unit.

shorning

Quote from: arajca on July 21, 2005, 01:11:27 AM

Hey, that depends on where in Colorado!  I'm in Hawaii right now.  It's going to be a hard sell to get me to move to Colorado! ;)

arajca

Quote from: shorning on July 21, 2005, 01:26:52 AM

Hey, that depends on where in Colorado!  I'm in Hawaii right now.  It's going to be a hard sell to get me to move to Colorado! ;)

Summit County. 70 miles west of Denver, 4000 feet up. Home to four of Colorado's most popular ski resorts. Neighboring three more. Gold medal trout fishing. White water rafting/kayaking. Lots of hiking and climbing (several 14'ers within an hour or two). Three airports with 45 minutes from the center - including the highest airport in North America.

Average summer high tem 80F.  Average winter temp 25F. Average number of sunny days 300+. Average humidity 10% or less.

pixelwonk

Quote from: arajca on July 21, 2005, 03:41:49 AM
Quote from: shorning on July 21, 2005, 01:26:52 AM

Summit County. 70 miles west of Denver, 4000 feet up. Home to four of Colorado's most popular ski resorts. Neighboring three more. Gold medal trout fishing. White water rafting/kayaking. Lots of hiking and climbing (several 14'ers with an hour or two). Three airports with 45 minutes from the center - including the highest airport in North America.

and if that doesn't thrill you, there's always Wisconsin. 
We have cows.  Some fly.
Most do not.

PWK-GT

Or come on down the wonderful flatlands of Illinois. ::)
We have excuses...........some fly.
Most do not. ;)
"Is it Friday yet"

shorning

Quote from: tedda on July 21, 2005, 03:44:37 AM
and if that doesn't thrill you, there's always Wisconsin. 
We have cows.  Some fly.
Most do not.

I'm originally from Minnesota.  Don't think you'll sell me on Cheeseland... ;D

ladyreferee

Quote from: tedda on July 20, 2005, 04:31:53 PM

Cheryl,

Congrats on your promotion to Capt.
A WSA is a Web Security Administrator. Gus, your commander, has these WSA privileges, and can issue them to you.

Thanks Ted,
   Finally, all my studying for the CPA at age 40+ did something! :D  I'm sure Gus will appreciate less paperwork....now if our seniors would just start doing things toward their supposed specialties  ;)
CHERYL K CARROLL, Major, CAP

Major_Chuck

Quote from: tedda on July 20, 2005, 09:04:32 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on July 20, 2005, 08:00:49 PM

Strange, it worked for me. 

I pencil-whipped myself a nice big, fat master rating in Good-Looking-CAP-Omnipotent Officer.

Well then, "All Hail our New National Omnipotent Commander!"

-Signed:  A Lesser Demigod of Region SemiImportance  ;D

Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard