Where Can I Get Good and Qualified Boots

Started by scare, July 27, 2013, 04:20:27 AM

scare

I'm looking for boots that fit regulations, under $80 and are good in quality. I know there are other boot threads. Also one more detail it has to have sizes larger then men 14s.

Grumpy

You might try Wal-Mart or the Quartermaster.  I've seen boots at Wal-Mart for around $40.00 and Corfam shoes at Quartermaster for $29.00.

I know those are two different places and boots as opposed to shoes but it'll get you some place to start looking.

UH60guy

Check out local military surplus stores. I got a new pair of boots for around $40.
Maj Ken Ward
VAWG Internal AEO

PHall

Quote from: UH60guy on July 27, 2013, 01:41:05 PM
Check out local military surplus stores. I got a new pair of boots for around $40.

In a size 14 or larger?  Good luck with that...

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Grumpy

Quartermaster has several boots on sale.

Law Pro 8" boot   $49.99
Bates 8" side zip  $84.99
Rocky Fort Hood  $79.99 to $83.99

There's more but they have several selections and brands. 

Past this into your web browser.                   Quartermaster [promos@mail.qmuniforms.com]

a2capt

Quote from: Eclipse on July 27, 2013, 02:54:19 PMhttp://bit.ly/1e2fbgj
I don't even have to look, posts like this "let me google it for you" are snarky and useless.

There's many reasons people ask directed questions. That there is an automatic generator for that in the forum editor is quite surprising in itself.

Eclipse

Quote from: a2capt on July 27, 2013, 03:33:18 PM
I don't even have to look, posts like this "let me google it for you" are snarky and useless.

It's the difference between fishing and being fed.

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

Quote from: Eclipse on July 27, 2013, 04:44:06 PM
Quote from: a2capt on July 27, 2013, 03:33:18 PM

It's the difference between fishing and being fed.

In your case, the difference between being helpful and being a PITA.

The OP came looking for infomation, if you don't have anything positive to contribute, then please don't post.

a2capt

Or, "I know there's so many sources, and the specifications are a bit confusing, might perhaps someone point me to a source they have used and had satisfactory results?"

Eclipse

As many others do, they want a short-cut to a single point, which is impossible in this case.  That's not what we are supposed to be teaching
our cadets, and anyone who can negotiate the minefield of becoming a member here, should be able to figure out that Google is
the best source of that information, not Captalk.

He also admits there are other boot threads, I hazard at least 1/2 of which have cited sources, but apparently couldn't be bothered.

And for the record, my link above is the >only one of only two< which actually provided real-world sources with more then a guess.

"That Others May Zoom"

Grumpy

Quote from: a2capt on July 27, 2013, 05:13:53 PM
Or, "I know there's so many sources, and the specifications are a bit confusing, might perhaps someone point me to a source they have used and had satisfactory results?"

Well, that's what I did.  Gave him 2 sources to ck out along with samples of the merchandise.

AngelWings

Quote from: Eclipse on July 27, 2013, 06:08:19 PM
As many others do, they want a short-cut to a single point, which is impossible in this case.  That's not what we are supposed to be teaching
our cadets, and anyone who can negotiate the minefield of becoming a member here, should be able to figure out that Google is
the best source of that information, not Captalk.

He also admits there are other boot threads, I hazard at least 1/2 of which have cited sources, but apparently couldn't be bothered.

And for the record, my link above is the >only one of only two< which actually provided real-world sources with more then a guess.
Do we teach our cadets to make people feel like idiots, too? I've done it before on this forum but PM'd the people I did it to and apologized after I realized how unfriendly it was.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

AngelWings

phillybiker

Go to uncle sams retail outlet. www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com today is the last day of their free shipping sale. Go into boots and on the last page of that section are the REAL ARMY JUMP BOOTS FOR $50.00.
Size 10.5 only but if that's your size you can't beat it.
Yes I'm talking about the old school black jump boots I had in the eighties with the leather toe cap. And these are brand new.