When you see X and you just wanna do Y

Started by NIN, May 03, 2013, 02:03:04 AM

Treadhead

Knifehand.  This is a cadet officer who must set the example.  Now the knifehand must be tempered with fatherly wisdom, as this is meant as a training tool to teach this particular cadet officer how not to comport himself while in a leadership capacity....

...lest not this young cadet captain become the hapless and clueless Army Captain who reported to his Officer Advanced Course wearing two 1LT bars side by side in a rather comical attempt to represent himself as an O3.  I heard of this schlemiel through fellow 2nd Lt's in my Officer Basic Course, so far the sad tale had circulated through the entire school.

He received more than just a knifehand.  He would have done better had he been properly knifehand-Ed as a ROTC cadet.

If this was the result of lack of money/supply, it's forgivable.   If it was the result of fungus-headedness, knifehanding is warranted.
Walter F. Lott
1st Lt (CAP) ret
LTC, USAR (ret)
Lt Col, California State Military Reserve
Former member of Mather Cadet Sq. 14 and McClellan Cadet Sq. 12

Blues Brother

I think we should switch to star fleet uniforms.   same uniform for dress and work.  and just small dots on the collar for rank. 

problem solved.

ColonelJack

Quote from: Blues Brother on May 18, 2013, 10:20:45 PM
I think we should switch to star fleet uniforms.   same uniform for dress and work.  and just small dots on the collar for rank. 

problem solved.

Not quite ... which Starfleet uniforms?  Original series, with stripes on the sleeve?  The original-cast movies (now those were some sharp-looking uniforms!)?  Or, as you seem to prefer, the Next Generation?

See?  There's always something....

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Garibaldi

Quote from: ColonelJack on May 19, 2013, 10:43:45 AM
Quote from: Blues Brother on May 18, 2013, 10:20:45 PM

problem solved.

Not quite ... which Starfleet uniforms?  Original series, with stripes on the sleeve?  The original-cast movies (now those were some sharp-looking uniforms!)?  Or, as you seem to prefer, the Next Generation?

See?  There's always something....

Jack

TNG rank was easier to follow. TOS movie ranks were practically non-existent. Black dot for ensign, silver dot for LT jg. Two silver for LT, 2 silver 1 black for LCDR, 3 silver for CMDR, 4 silver for captain. Gee, wait...this sounds kinda familiar...
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Tim Medeiros

Personally I'd prefer the Season 4+ DS9 uniforms, just saying.

The issue with the uniforms from movies 2-6 (and the first few minutes of 7) is figuring out who wears what color shirt/strap.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

LGM30GMCC

No more confusing than who wears what color at their collar and wrists...

I like the ST: II-VI (Piece of 7 and Yesterday's Enterprise) movie though we'd clearly need to change the color. (Though I'm sure he who has since been gone would love the red). And it'd need a hat.  ;D