When you see X and you just wanna do Y

Started by NIN, May 03, 2013, 02:03:04 AM

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Майор Хаткевич

That looks like great lakes! And a sailor getting the knife hand. I'm going to call 800 division...

Flying Pig

How disappointing.  Someone either didnt plan ahead by ordering their rank prior too or was to impatient to wait.  At any rate..... knife hand is appropriate!!!

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Phil Hirons, Jr.

At first I thought the single one was gold! That would be funky.

I'd want more context before Y. Squadron forgot to order or VG was back ordered? Creative solution.

Cadet about to trade up to 1 diamond? Not so much.

Considering some of the real uniform blunders I'm sure we've all seen...

I think you would be hard pressed to tell the difference at 10 feet.

I would think 3 singles would be a better solutiuon.

Cliff_Chambliss

Wish I had taken a photo  More than a few years ago in Atlanta, Ga. I ran into a CAP member with CAP Observer Wings.....Oops, those weren't Observer Wings they were CAP Pilot Wings with a small washer glued on top to make them "observer".   
11th Armored Cavalry Regiment
2d Armored Cavalry Regiment
3d Infantry Division
504th BattleField Surveillance Brigade

ARMY:  Because even the Marines need heros.    
CAVALRY:  If it were easy it would be called infantry.

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: Cliff_Chambliss on May 03, 2013, 02:26:37 PM
Wish I had taken a photo  More than a few years ago in Atlanta, Ga. I ran into a CAP member with CAP Observer Wings.....Oops, those weren't Observer Wings they were CAP Pilot Wings with a small washer glued on top to make them "observer".

:P :P

For an optional to wear device...

At least the cadet in the picture was trying to <paraphrase>wear the achieved grade at all times</paraphrase>

vento

During a SLS a few years ago, I've seen a SM wear three ribbons. Two in a double rack and one in a single rack, side by side.

unmlobo

At an encampment when the DCC and other SM had their ribbons all mixed up and not in order.  One had military ribbons and those were still mixed up.  When I offered to help them fix it was told that a young "kid" doesn't know what he is talking about and this is how it's been since they joined in the late 80s early 90s.  So much for excellence in all we do. 
Major, CAP
HI WG

a2capt

Quote from: vento on May 03, 2013, 05:16:24 PMDuring a SLS a few years ago, I've seen a SM wear three ribbons. Two in a double rack and one in a single rack, side by side.
Especially sad when in a pinch, three ribbons can work on the two ribbon rack. As for the pips, imagine if it were level, with a piece of card stock under it, it'd be a lot harder to tell anything is "wrong".

Thrashed

If I saw X (I wouldn't see it), I would not care. I've wasted enough money in CAP.

Save the triangle thingy

Devil Doc

Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

Storm Chaser

I'm a stickler for wearing the uniform correctly, but I've seen worst than that. I agree that a cardboard underneath it would make it harder to notice. That would be my suggestion to this cadet until he can buy the proper rank insignia. Personally, I wouldn't get bent out of shape for that. Again, I've seen worst; unfortunately, much worst...

TJT__98

How did you get that picture?
Can't believe nobody asked yet.
C/MSgt
Wright Award 21322

RogueLeader

Quote from: TJT__98 on May 03, 2013, 07:20:17 PM

Which picture?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eclipse

Quote from: Thrashed on May 03, 2013, 06:13:18 PM
If I saw X (I wouldn't see it), I would not care. I've wasted enough money in CAP.

?

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Quote from: TJT__98 on May 03, 2013, 07:20:17 PM

Looks like someone took it with a cell phone camera.

Why, is CAP not permitted to take close-up photos of goofy grade insignia lacking any other PII?
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

TJT__98

Sorry, let me rephrase that. Was the first picture (x) taken while a cadet was wearing that? If so did that cadet know what you were doing? I had just thought about how funny it would be to watch a cadet try to find out why you were holding a camera/cellphone up to his shoulder  :D.
C/MSgt
Wright Award 21322

Thrashed

Save the triangle thingy

lordmonar

Quote from: Thrashed on May 03, 2013, 09:41:06 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on May 03, 2013, 07:29:59 PM
Quote from: Thrashed on May 03, 2013, 06:13:18 PM

?

??
The cadet used a 2d Lt and a 1st LT insignia to make a Capt insignia.

Like Thrashed.......I'm not going to get my pants in a wad over it........I would point it out to the cadet and expect him to correct it.....or not.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP