Where can I find out what ribbons I am authorized to wear?

Started by kwe1009, March 06, 2013, 06:44:24 PM

kwe1009

I have several cadets that aren't sure what ribbons they have earned.  I can't find anything in eServices to help.  Is there any place to see what ribbons and awards a cadet or even senior member has earned?  Thanks.

Woodsy

Duke Dillio

Try CAPR 39-3.  It tells you how each of the ribbons is awarded and for what.

johnnyb47

90% of what you need is in eservices.
Cross reference the training tab of an individual cadets 'member search' results with the Cadet Super Chart and you knock out their Achievement ribbons. (even has little pictures!)
See encampment listed with a location and date on the same page? BOOM. Encampment ribbon has been earned. Fill out the auth form, get it approved/filed and wear it.
Went to HGA, NESA or any other NCSA and see it in the Cadet Training portion of the same page? See details above for encampment ribbon.

The tricky ones are Unit Citations, Achievement Awards (and higher decorations) because they come with an personnel auth. No record of auth to wear a Commanders Commendation? Take it off until you can prove you earned it. Each member is responsible for making sure these items are appropriately approved/filed and keep a copy of any authorizing certificates or letters for their own records.

Most of this assumes of course that all data has been entered properly into eservices by prior command and received due attention by upper echelon's as required.
YMMV, Only one offer per household, individual results may vary, not legal in the state of confusion.
Capt
Information Technology Officer
Communications Officer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

MSG Mac

Use the E-services Reports file to ascertain: Recruiting; if credited on the CAPF12/15, Membership Report for Red Service Ribbon, Cadet Training Report for Special Activities. Member look up for encampments and other courses not shown elsewhere. neither the Commander or the Personnel Officers are chosen based on their psychic abilities, remind the cadets that it is up to them to prove they qualify for any awards or ribbons in question.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member