National Board Live Video Feed

Started by JC004, August 09, 2007, 04:48:54 AM

jimmydeanno

Quote from: RogueLeader on August 09, 2007, 07:32:07 PM
If it's not/wasn't in 39-1, how is it an authorized uniform?

I don't believe that it is 39-1 that authorizes the wear of each of the uniforms.  It is just a manual that tells you how to wear each of the uniforms.  For instance, CAPR 52-16 states what the cadet basic uniform is...39-1 tells you how to wear it...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

alice

A big *thanks* to those watching the live stream and reporting to the rest of us.   Cheers, Alice
Alice Mansell, LtCol CAP

JC004

apparently we are going to use "more than meets the skies" as some type of slogan?

RiverAux

Branding video wasn't bad, but I suppose I need to say that since I think I saw one of my photos in it.  I'll be interested to see the branding report stats -- print too small to read on screen.  

LtCol White

Quote from: JC004 on August 09, 2007, 08:35:20 PM
apparently we are going to use "more than meets the skies" as some type of slogan?

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little....... ::)
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Quote from: JC004 on August 09, 2007, 07:41:15 PM
just finished ARCHER...::yawn::

on to Item 12...booster clubs...nothing exciting there

item 2...apparently they didn't do the homework

on to item 3...primary flight instruction for senior members...I get the idea they don't like the idea.  He's on about money and legal issues

What was the final word on the primary flight instruction for seniors? I had to leave my desk during that talk.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

LtCol White

I like "Cross into the poo"  >:D
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

JC004

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 09, 2007, 08:37:09 PM

on to item 3...primary flight instruction for senior members...I get the idea they don't like the idea.  He's on about money and legal issues

What was the final word on the primary flight instruction for seniors? I had to leave my desk during that talk.

me too...I don't think it was voted on...it sounded like the committee or whatever was telling them "too expensive, makes us liable, no way"

JC004

Quote from: LtCol White on August 09, 2007, 08:38:39 PM

I like "Cross into the poo"  >:D

at least we've met one goal of getting some more [inter]national media coverage...   :-[  ::sigh::

Quote from: JC004 on August 09, 2007, 08:39:13 PM
Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 09, 2007, 08:37:09 PM

me too...I don't think it was voted on...it sounded like the committee or whatever was telling them "too expensive, makes us liable, no way"

It  didn't sound like it was that much more just an extra hundred.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

JC004

apparently they're gonna retain people by making some online forums.  Civil Air Patrol online forums?  who would waste their time on such a thing?   >:D

Major Carrales

The ideas presented at the PAO Academy are basically that we all be on the same page and present a unified message about the CAP, the Brigadier General's presentation hit the nail on the head.

The Marketing plan, which just went up for a vote, is designed to get people to know about CAP in a positive light.  We cannot accomplish our missions in a vacuum.  If people don't know us or what we do...we didn't happen.  If we didn't happen...then we are not relevant.  And I believe, along with the Brigadier General, that that is where the future lies.

"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Nick Critelli

Wow!  This person (Nat VC) has her act together. Very impressive. 

JC004

few end things:

1. Lt Col Gene Egry is taking over DEWG next month
2. Reception sponsored by Cessna (Cessna needs to sponsor more receptions for us senior members)
3. General Assembly in the morning (will be on video stream with any luck)
4. Over 22,800 people on average watching this video stream today
5. The music with the video sucks

JC004

Quote from: Major Carrales on August 09, 2007, 08:49:42 PM
The ideas presented at the PAO Academy are basically that we all be on the same page and present a unified message about the CAP, the Brigadier General's presentation hit the nail on the head.

The Marketing plan, which just went up for a vote, is designed to get people to know about CAP in a positive light.  We cannot accomplish our missions in a vacuum.  If people don't know us or what we do...we didn't happen.  If we didn't happen...then we are not relevant.  And I believe, along with the Brigadier General, that that is where the future lies.

Do you have any electronic materials that you can share from the academy?

RiverAux

Hmm, I didn't see anything in the presentation about the US Civil Air Patrol... maybe some of our folks who were at the PAO Academy can tell us how that issue was approached in the actual branding plan?

Major Carrales

Quote from: JC004 on August 09, 2007, 08:52:15 PM

The materials are to be put on line once the Board is concluded, along with photos and othe media.  I have the printouts/handouts/notes of all the presentations which I plan to scan and concert to PDFs...give me a day do do that.

I was not able to stay for the last 45 minutes because I had to catch my flight....I also missed the CNN tour :(

Let me say that the presenters were excellent...our own Brigadier General and Col Greenhut stood out in my mind as excellent speakers of vision (not merely rhetoric).  We are, in my opinion, in good hands with them.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

JC004

Quote from: Major Carrales on August 09, 2007, 08:56:27 PM
Quote from: JC004 on August 09, 2007, 08:52:15 PM

The materials are to be put on line once the Board is concluded, along with photos and othe media.  I have the printouts/handouts/notes of all the presentations which I plan to scan and concert to PDFs...give me a day do do that.

I was not able to stay for the last 45 minutes because I had to catch my flight....I also missed the CNN tour :(

Let me say that the presenters were excellent...our own Brigadier General and Col Greenhut stood out in my mind as excellent speakers of vision (not merely rhetoric).  We are, in my opinion, in good hands with them.

Outstanding.  Look forward to it.  I'll make you a coffee if you have to slave over the scanner into the wee hours of the night.

RogueLeader

What happened to the feed, had to step out.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

JC004

Quote from: RogueLeader on August 09, 2007, 09:00:00 PM
What happened to the feed, had to step out.

The meeting ended, so they thought the feed wouldn't be useful anymore.