Main Menu

ID Card holder

Started by usafcap1, May 02, 2012, 06:24:40 PM

usafcap1

ARe ID holders such as this one allowed in CAP?

|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

HGjunkie

With a built in smiley concealer? No.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Eclipse

Yes, but the times you would need to use it are very limited.

Rarely is it required to display your CAPID at all times - the nearest thing to that is some mission bases that want to see a 101 card displayed, but that is only during missions.

Contrary to popular belief, 101s and IDs are not normally displayed, especially 101s.

Also, your photo should be a lot more face and a lot less shoulders / torso.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

I carry all of my CAP identification/bona fides in on a lanyard with plastic sleeves like that. It's allowed.

I tend to wear mine around missions and when I'm doing something at an airfield.

That particular holder is usually used for those who use their badges for door and computer access (big businesses, hospitals, government buildings, etc). Since ours aren't RFID chipped and nobody uses the barcode, not a whole lot of point in the reel.

CAP4117

manfredvonrichthofen

I wear my 101 and ID in a holder on missions when I am at MB, but luckily I'm out on mission rather than in the base. But they like to see them here. I wear my 101 with my quake facing out so that it is easier. Also I don't wear them in a plastic envelope like that, I have some really nice ones that sort of hold two cards in it with a clip, one on each side.

tsrup

My name is written on my blouse. 

ID and 101 stays in the wallet after checkin.

They're not going to get any more information from my 101 about what my duty position is or anything else faster than just asking me. 

Our wing does sometimes have generic "ID" labels to simply label who is the IC, PSC, OSC, etc..

Paramedic
hang-around.

nathan88

i keep mine in my wallet
C/A1C Nathan T. Hughs
3rd Element Leader
Gainesville Composite Squadron
      Georgia Wing
      Civil Air Patrol

capsr

We use ID card holders all the time at our squadron. You need to keep showing your ID to get on-base, access the HQ each time you enter, pick up mail, etc. We bought usb ID card holders so we can take advantage of the ID capabilities with the bar code scan. We then use it as a log in for our squadrons MacBooks and our SharePoint drives with our data. The bar code scans are also perfect for access control to our offices. This way we can limit access to certain CAP members without needing key control.

Abby.L

Quote from: capsr on May 10, 2012, 01:23:04 AM
We use ID card holders all the time at our squadron. You need to keep showing your ID to get on-base, access the HQ each time you enter, pick up mail, etc. We bought usb ID card holders so we can take advantage of the ID capabilities with the bar code scan. We then use it as a log in for our squadrons MacBooks and our SharePoint drives with our data. The bar code scans are also perfect for access control to our offices. This way we can limit access to certain CAP members without needing key control.

Somebody slap me. It appears as though I've died and gone to heaven... The ID card can actually be used for something!   ;D
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

denverpilot

We bought usb ID card holders so we can take advantage of the ID capabilities with the bar code scan.

Have a link/source for that USB bar code reader? That's kinda nifty.

CAP4117

All I can say is  :o

SarDragon

Quote from: denverpilot on May 10, 2012, 06:13:40 AM
We bought usb ID card holders so we can take advantage of the ID capabilities with the bar code scan.

Have a link/source for that USB bar code reader? That's kinda nifty.

http://www.stanleyglobaltech.com/SGT119.html
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Spaceman3750

Wait... That's a CAC/smart card reader... What does it do with our ID's that makes it worth $35?

SarDragon

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on May 10, 2012, 06:33:21 AM
Wait... That's a CAC/smart card reader... What does it do with our ID's that makes it worth $35?

I was hoping someone else would be asking that question.  8)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

spacecommand

That thing can read regular barcodes? 

Anycase @_@ for your usage.

We only use our card barcodes for member attendance sign-in using the SIMS software and a regular handheld bar code reader.

capsr

SARDRAGON that is a CAC reader you are referring to. It will not work for barcodes. Our reader is from Castle a company out of Taiwan. It is late, so I will check the purchase request tomorrow when I come into work at the squadron with our Logistics staff to see what vendor we used to purchase the usb ID card barcode readers. We originally were using a hand held scanner. Basically, our Squadron IT staff procured software and installed it on an Enterprise server. We then used the hand held scanner to input all the credentials. This would ensure if you weren't in the system you did not have computer or facility access. We then manage this on our own server and make the inputs when needed. This also allows us to use our BlackBerry or IPhones directly on the server to disseminate information. We can also do remote deletes if devices are lost.  Again it is late here at the squadron and I am leaving for the night. I took this picture to show you the many options available for our CAP ID. This is our facility access control using the CAP ID vice keys.

SarDragon

I looked at several places, and found one that looked like your picture, and has a description that fit.

Got some info on the unit you're using?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret