Squadrons with Aircraft

Started by ZackN, April 14, 2010, 09:01:02 PM

ZackN

Howdy!

Is there a way to get a listing of which Squadrons have Aircraft stationed with them?

Thanks

SarDragon

WMU and WMIRS have that capacity, if you have the necessary permissions.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

It also depends on the wing - mine does not assign aircraft to units, they are all retained as a wing resource.

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

If you want to know where they're stationed and who is the crew chief, as your wing ops folks.

Thrashed

Good luck with WMU.  It may say a plane is at an airport, and you go there to find nothing. I found a CAP plane at one airport and looked it up in WMU and it said it was at another airport (and State) about 5 hours drive away!  Someone has to update the info for it to be any good. Planes come and go monthly or even weekly. I'm not sure how we get anything done sometimes! 

Save the triangle thingy

ZackN

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is WMU and where may I find it?

Thanks for the responses btw...:-) The main reason I'm asking, is I'm extremely interested in training as an observer/scanner and perhaps when I have more time, pilot...Just seems that the only way to really accomplish all this and to actually utilize the training, is to go to a unit that has an aircraft

Eclipse

Quote from: ZackN on April 15, 2010, 06:58:18 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is WMU and where may I find it?

If you don't know where / what it is, your wing likely does not use it, and you are better off pretending you never heard of it.

"That Others May Zoom"

Thrashed

http://wmu.nat.cap.gov/

Find out if your wing uses it before you go on it for nothing.  Not every state uses it.

Save the triangle thingy