official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

Bear Walling

MooneyMeyer

A big Texas HOWDY to all. Glad to be here.

Sean Meyer
1st Lieutenant, CAP
Fort Worth, Texas

Kimbersqk

Hi All,

My name is Kim Griffith and I am a member of the National Patron Squadron NHQ-996 but looking to transfer to the St Augustine Composite Squadron but do to school and work that will not be for a while. Probably not till I finish college next May.

I just joined today. My fiancee has talked me in to it and I enjoy what I see. he is also on the forums as FLCAP 834.

I look forward to seeing what I can learn.
Kimberly A. Griffith, SM, CAP
Sign Language Interpreter / Supply Officer
St Augustine Composite Squadron FL-173

Thom

Hello, new Senior Member in Baton Rouge checking in.  I've been looking at CAP as an activity for my spare time for a few months, and I've finally made the leap.

So far, I can't say enough good things about the members I've met.  I'm looking forward to learning a lot from all these great folks.

Thom Hamilton

cdk77

Hello to everyone,

I am a senior member from the Dover Composite Sq, DE-006. Hopefully I can continue to learn more from all the members here!
Craig Kursinsky, 1st Lt, CAP
Dover Composite Squadron, MER-DE-006

infinitefoxfire75

Quote from: Cmdbuddy on June 26, 2005, 06:19:15 PM
Quote from: RD43 on June 26, 2005, 06:14:57 PM
Hello, I'm new from WA!! ;)

Hi "new", I am Christie Ducote.  Welcome to CAPTalk.

Hi, I'm Rose from the state of HAWAII! I'm new to CAPTalk so hit me up if ya like chat! :)
c/TSgt Rosebel Jeni-Lei Belong
WOCS HI-075 (Hawaii)
Cadet Admin/Personnel NCO

"If you like talk, hit me up! No Shame! Mahalo & Ā hui hou aku"

Matthew Congrove

Lt. Col. Matthew Congrove, CAP

Wallygator

Walter Prokopow, Captain, CAP
Commander
Paradise Valley Cadet Squadron 310

Cadet Princess

C/CMSgt Mandalie

Color Guard Commander
Alpha Flight Commander

mikebank

My name is Mike Bankson, I am a new senior member from Las Cruces, NM.
1st Lt Michael Bankson
Safety Officer
NCR-MO-089
Former EM1, U.S. Navy

BLACKSHARK

Hello everyone. I was a member a while back ago when Peter Leet and Lt.Col. Mitchell where running things down in NEFL. I was with fl-383 and 169. I was also on the forum board back then. It appears STONEWALL hasn't gone any where.  I was thinking of getting back into CAP, get back into flying and help cadets with a bright future in the armed forces. I am currently in Iraq for tour No.2 currently I am with 5-20Inf(2nd ID) Scout/Sniper PLT. If anyone of prior service has worked with us give me a yell.

Quentinlee Morgan
5/20INF 3-2SBCT
SER-FL-383/169 ('99-'06)
"In absence of orders go out and kill something."

mikebank

Hello, I'm Mike a Senior Member in Las Cruces,NM
1st Lt Michael Bankson
Safety Officer
NCR-MO-089
Former EM1, U.S. Navy

James Shaw

Quote from: BLACKSHARK on September 22, 2009, 06:23:55 AM
Hello everyone. I was a member a while back ago when Peter Leet and Lt.Col. Mitchell where running things down in NEFL. I was with fl-383 and 169. I was also on the forum board back then. It appears STONEWALL hasn't gone any where.  I was thinking of getting back into CAP, get back into flying and help cadets with a bright future in the armed forces. I am currently in Iraq for tour No.2 currently I am with 5-20Inf(2nd ID) Scout/Sniper PLT. If anyone of prior service has worked with us give me a yell.

Welcome back to the forum.
Quote from: mikebank on October 03, 2009, 06:42:46 PM
Hello, I'm Mike a Senior Member in Las Cruces,NM

Welcome Mike to the world of CAP.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

ScreamingEagle

Hello!

I'm a SM with the Willow Run Composite Squadron in the Michigan Wing.  I'm a sophomore in college at EMU and a Private Pilot working on my Instrument Rating.  Glad to be here!
SM GLR-MI-260, Willow Run Composite Squadron.

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: Cadet Princess on August 25, 2009, 09:11:32 PM
Hi,
I'm a sorta newb to CAP.
Nothing wrong with that. Civil Air Patrol is a learning Experience, well at least for the Cadets. I don't know about the Senior Members.

Wright Brothers #13915

Майор Хаткевич

Not really new to the forum or CAP, but only recently became active on the forum.

I joined back in April of 2003, and right now am a college student. I plan to see if I can finally get out of my almost 3 years as a C/Capt.

exFlight Officer

Hello to all !!  I am Flight Officer from Georgia Wing. I have been a member of C.A.P. for about 8 months now and I love it !!  ;D  I recently found CAP Talk about two days ago and I wish I would have found it sooner. Everyone feel free to add me to their buddy list or to contact me. Have a great day.

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: Flight Officer on October 18, 2009, 07:36:30 PM
Hello to all !!  I am Flight Officer from Georgia Wing. I have been a member of C.A.P. for about 8 months now and I love it !!  ;D  I recently found CAP Talk about two days ago and I wish I would have found it sooner. Everyone feel free to add me to their buddy list or to contact me. Have a great day.
Welcome Sir. Hope you enjoy the forums. :D

Wright Brothers #13915

weedermann

Hello folks. I had not thought about CAP in more than 30 years when SUDDENLY (6 days ago) I had a desire to see if my old squadron still existed. I plugged it in a search engine and shockingly it came right up! I sat, smiled, stared at the wall a moment nostalgically, then pulled up the official CAP site and had a look around. So, after five years as a cadet in the 70s, I'm back for a 2nd go-around as a senior member. Maybe even to begin as a SM 2nd Lt. since I got the Mitchell award as a cadet. I took a look at CAPR 35-5 but maybe one or more of you can help clue me in on this.

I feel good about this; I hope the senior member experience will be as eventful as being a cadet once was.

P.S. Yeah, I like to use bold and alternative fonts when posting. Is my thing, and I'm sure the honchos will let me know if I am stepping on toes...
Demetrius Bryant, Former C/2nd Lt., CAP
Cape Cod Composite Squadron

Flying Pig

Welcome.  Im sure your memories will come flooding back as they did for me.  Give it a shot, what can it hurt.  Although youll find it a culture shock from the CAP you grew up with.  I was  cadet myself back in the 80s-90s.