Regs for flight to squadron size

Started by darkmatter, July 09, 2018, 01:36:43 AM

darkmatter

I'm looking for the reg that will tell me the requirement to go from a flight to a squadron. Aka how many poeple are required in a flight before a wing will re classify the flight as a squadron

Pace

CAPR 20-3
It's in the first paragraph.
Lt Col, CAP

Jester

darkmatter

Short of helped, it doesint say "x number of poeple equals flight or squadron" so does that mean if I read it right it's left up to the wing commander to decide what type the unit will be?

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Lord of the North

2. Membership of CAP Units.  Minimum membership requirements apply to flights and squadrons only.  Squadrons must have a minimum of 15 members, 3 of whom must be senior members.  Flights must have a minimum of eight members, three of whom must be senior members. Wing commanders should carefully monitor unit membership and make every effort to assist faltering units.  However, if it is determined that a unit is unable to maintain minimum membership, it should be redesignated or deactivated as appropriate.  NOTE: Incoming transfers count toward minimum squadron membership for new units.

Spam

Remember, size does not guarantee a status designation. Wings need to see a plan, and see activity/presence.

Commanders may close Squadrons with full strength on the books (but without enough ACTIVE members working to a plan to ensure low risk). They may also redesignate struggling Squadrons down to Flights, and move them under the active "ownership" and supervision of a neighboring Squadron (or Group HQ) to provide outside mentoring and accountability, and to help guide them to grow back up to a Squadron.

Regardless of local pride and "Can Do" spirit, and regardless of head count on the books, when a Squadron has eight to ten active members (and/or really only two senior members active) it is time to step in and assert outside control to lower the risk of violations and to arrest the slide towards a "failed state". That's the gist of the latter part of that paragraph. It should be applied with tact and sensitivity, but its always (in my experience) invariably controversial as people's pride and privacy get in the way of our mandate to provide adequate supervision of our cadets, our adult members, and our fiscal and physical assets.

V/R
Spam