Alerting Procedures

Started by Chris Jacobs, November 04, 2005, 03:33:42 PM

Chris Jacobs

I am wondering how other wings or squadrons preform their alerting procedures.  i know that here in Oregon we have a paging system.  when our alerting officer gets the call from an agency he puts a page out to every one that has a alpha pager in the WMU.  then people can call into him to give their availabilities.

So i am wondering how other people handle their alerting procedures.  do you have some one in your squadron that gets a call from the wing level and then starts a squadron level alert tree.  just trying to get a feel for how other people do it.  i also am looking for the best way of alerting people in my squadron that don't have a pager in the wind database.  out here in Oregon it looks like we are going to have a nasty winter with a lot of flooding so i am just trying to figure it out before the crazy weather sets in.
C/1st Lt Chris Jacobs
Columbia Comp. Squadron

tomcat

Our squadron has a recall roster (one-page PDF document) that lists all active / qualified members. Start calling from the top, call the person below you, skip if you can't reach them, last person at the bottom calls the first person at the top. I can send you a sample if you want - nothing fancy.

What's a pager?  ;D
Markus C. Decker, 1st Lt, CAP

footballrun21

In New Jersey,the squadron commanders get a call from wing.  In my squadron the commander gets the call from wing, then he calls everyone on a list that has everyone who is ES qualified.
C/2d Lt. Stephen Pettit, CAP
New Jersey Wing

Matt

RCC (or WI Emergency Management)
|
|
V
Duty Officer
|
|
V
Incident Commander in Area
|
|
V
Squadron Alerting Contact (Primary, if no answer secondary, if no answer tertiary)
|
|
V
Accepts or Declines Mission (If declined repeats with Alerting Officer contacts)
|
|
V
Accepted
|
|
V
Alerts GTL or GTMs
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

WICAPMOM

Quote from: Matt on November 07, 2005, 08:13:01 PM
RCC (or WI Emergency Management)
|
|
V
Duty Officer
|
|
V
Incident Commander in Area
|
|
V
Mission Staff personnel
Examples:
Plans / Ground Branch / Air Ops
|
V
Each can call on staff as needed

Ground Branch = Ground Teams
Air Branch = Air Crews

Otherwise it is to much for 1 person to call.
Julie Anne
Major, CAP ~ Commander
Milwaukee Comp Sqdn 5 (WI-061)

ctrossen

Well, to be fair, both Matt and Julie are correct for WI Wing. Matt's got it right for the 99% of the 4am ELT missions. Julie's right for the other 1% that turn out to be "big" missions.

(Though if you want to be hyper-technical, it's the Logistics Section Chief that gets the resources that the Planning Section wants, who then assigns them to the Operations Section. The wonders of ICS at work!)

Chris Trossen, Lt Col, CAP
Agency Liaison
Wisconsin Wing