official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

Ozzy

Quote from: NormanCook on December 10, 2016, 04:37:32 AM
Well I've been a member for a few months now, I've done the Level 1 training and most of ICUT now. Seems like a pretty cool place to volunteer my time, I'm hoping to do more as I go along
Glad to hear and see another Army veteran. I see you have the NCO PD ribbon, are you going the CAP NCO route or Officer route?
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

Max

Hello all,

I am C/Amn Hagberg with the Lake in the Hills Composite Squadron in Illinois.  I became a member about three weeks ago, and during the process of researching the program stumbled across CAPTalk.  I look forward to utilizing the vast amount of experience and knowledge present here during my journey through the program.  So far I am loving every minute I spend at meetings (Or just thinking about them) and look forward to attending my first encampment this spring.

Edit:  Fixed a couple capitalization issues

Hello I am c/am 1st class kohl
Member of sky harbour composite squadron giving a shout out from the grand Canyon state

Starbux

I am a Major in the Air Force reserves and former active duty pilot.  I flew KC-135's and MQ-1's.  I joined CAP as a cadet in 1992 in the NM wing.   Made it through phase 4, but missed the Spaatz.  I did take advantage of getting my Private Pilot Cert in Gliders and SEL as a cadet.  Stayed a SM until 2004 until I graduated JSUPT at Vance.  When I became a reservist in 2012 I was with CAP-USAF as a (RAPO).  I was one of the AF dudes you would see usually in a bag at your Op-Evals and SAREX's.  I left that job in 2015 to a staff position in the AFRES doing operational planning.  I have insight on being on the "dark side," as I wore the "black hat," grading CAP wings and squadrons on various evals and inspections.  I am a SM pilot and squadron SE for the ABQ Senior Squadron II.  I am in the blue polo crowed. 

I can answer any questions on AF commissioning and becoming either a manned AF pilot or UAV pilot as I did both in my career.

Simplex

Welcome! I grew up in Enid and joined the Enid Composite Squadron a l o n g time ago. I think Vance was flying T-33's back then. Glad to have you with us.

Starbux

Quote from: Simplex on February 04, 2017, 02:05:48 AM
Welcome! I grew up in Enid and joined the Enid Composite Squadron a l o n g time ago. I think Vance was flying T-33's back then. Glad to have you with us.

That was way back then.  They had a T-33 on display on base.  I was in the last year when we are all T-37 trained for Pfase 2.   Right before I left is when the T-6's came in.  I drove through Enid a few years ago.  The town is much more quiet without our Tweets screaming in the pattern.

LMSeal

I just found this page and registered. I joined CAP as a cadet at age 14.  There was no squadron in my home town of Picayune, Mississippi so I had to travel to other areas, first to the Stone Co. Composite Squadron then to the Gulfport Composite Squadron.  I went to a Type A encampment at Columbus AFB in 1981 and was an honor cadet and received a T-37 orientation flight which was amazing.  I later became a Senior Member and helped start, or re-start, the Picayune Composite Squadron.  I finished Level I and Level II.  It was around the time they were changing the SM grade for people under 21 from Warrant Officer to Flight Officer.  College consumed most of my time until I was 22 and I dropped out.  I wanted to join again some years later but was told that CAP does not keep records of its members very long and I would have to start all over, so I said the heck with it.  I have fond memories of CAP.

SarDragon

Quote from: LMSeal on February 22, 2017, 12:56:58 AM
I just found this page and registered. I joined CAP as a cadet at age 14.  There was no squadron in my home town of Picayune, Mississippi so I had to travel to other areas, first to the Stone Co. Composite Squadron then to the Gulfport Composite Squadron.  I went to a Type A encampment at Columbus AFB in 1981 and was an honor cadet and received a T-37 orientation flight which was amazing.  I later became a Senior Member and helped start, or re-start, the Picayune Composite Squadron.  I finished Level I and Level II.  It was around the time they were changing the SM grade for people under 21 from Warrant Officer to Flight Officer.  College consumed most of my time until I was 22 and I dropped out.  I wanted to join again some years later but was told that CAP does not keep records of its members very long and I would have to start all over, so I said the heck with it.  I have fond memories of CAP.

Well, starting over wouldn't be all that horrible. Since you dropped out so long ago, much of your knowledge is stale. If you are serious about your interest in CAP, it wouldn't take long to get back in the swing of things. I have had two long periods of not participating (6 yrs, and 10 yrs), and got back up to speed fairly quickly.

Give it a shot.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

zippity

Hello, I'm Zippity and I've been lurking on the forum since I joined CAP last October. Probably a good thing that I joined first and then discovered CAPTalk; had it been the other way around I may have reconsidered my decision.  ;D

DomLaz475381

Dominick R. Lazaro II
Technical Flight Officer
PA Wing

Wright Brothers-20603,  Mitchell-65040, Amelia Earhart-17164
NREMT-B/PROBOARD-FIREFIGHTER I

saltysafetyofficer

Hi I'm C/SSgt Miller and i'm new to cap talk.

CAA#512

Hello all, Just wanted to say "hi".  3 years in CAP, new to the forum. 
Combat Aviation Adviser #512
MP/TMP/MO/MS/AP

MacGruff

Hello and welcome to CAPTalk!

;)

PhoenixRisen

jfkspotting

Hi.

C/Sra here, NER-NY-328.

Also known as @JFKSPOTTING, https://www.instagram.com/jfkspotting/

Commo

Hello all,

I'm an Army veteran (3 Reserve, 4 Active), and been out for 15 years.   I picked up my PPL as a civilian, owned a plane in partnership until I moved and it didn't, and am considering joining CAP as a way to both serve the community in a quasi-military fashion while also enjoying aviation more.  My Army MOS was tactical communications, and as a civilian I'm a networking consultant.  I've resisted the urge to rejoin the service over the years by reminding myself of the conflicts deployments have with family, work family, work, and education.  After a long reminiscing chat with an AF NCO who served in same locations at the same time, the CAP came up as a way to serve and fly at the same time and not be shipped to Afghanistan at times when family needs are priority.

As I'm still researching the who, what, and people of CAP, here I am on captalk.

I appreciate the candor and professionalism displayed in the topics I've read, especially in the housekeeping topics where dirty laundry is involved.

Commo

Simplex

Welcome, and congratulations on your multiple Army Commendation Medals and Army Achievement Medals.  Thank you for your service.

PhoenixRisen

Welcome, Commo!  Good to have you here!

Shieldel

Hah! Two Posters one Commo the next Simplex, I find humor in that!

Also since I've never sounded off in this post, long time lurker/poster...
Hey guys! I'm Flight Officer Scheidle, sounding off from NVWG. Just recently switched over from Nellis Comp Squadron on Nellis AFB to Jack Schofield Cadet Squadron (middle school squadron - 802nd)
Formerly 2d Lt Michael D. Scheidle
Formerly Jack Schofield Cadet Squadron
Member of PCR-NV070, 069, 802 throughout my CAP Career
Former CAP Member 2011-2018

Commo

Thank you for the welcome, all

Quote from: Shieldel on May 17, 2017, 06:31:49 PM
Hah! Two Posters one Commo the next Simplex, I find humor in that!

;D