official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

Donna Zimmerman

:peeks in, sidles off to the corner to watch and wait:

Hello all,

New-ish (since Leap Day this year) SM, found the site a lil bit ago while looking for resources, and am delighted to see conversations from all over.

Looking forward to getting involved!

~ Donna

ColonelJack

Quote from: Donna Zimmerman on May 13, 2016, 09:27:05 PM
and am delighted to see conversations from all over.

... my dear, you have no idea.   :D

Welcome!  Glad to have you here!

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Donna Zimmerman on May 13, 2016, 09:27:05 PM
:peeks in, sidles off to the corner to watch and wait:

Hello all,

New-ish (since Leap Day this year) SM, found the site a lil bit ago while looking for resources, and am delighted to see conversations from all over.

Looking forward to getting involved!

~ Donna

Joins on 29 February 2016. Can't promote until 29 February 2020.  :P

C/Amn Bowers

Hello all,

I am Cadet Airman (Soon to be A1C) Bowers, with the GLR OH-252 Squadron, and I just joined here not too long ago. I have been with CAP since... well the start of this year, I think. I will soon go to Ohio Wing's Encampment as a Basic. Just had my first Parade (And first as a Color Guard) and did well. I did rifle for the CG, and was told I did excellent, except the getting out of line with the American, and getting out of step a few times.
I do look forward to hear from you all, and getting involved even more into the rich history of CAP, and what is going on in the world of CAP.

Waterflame6

Greetings from Vegas! I'm LVCS's Top Kek Manager (i'mjustanairmanit'snotanactualposition), I'll be on here looking for stuff to help me out. I've been in since December, encampment's tomorrow, i'm scared out of my wits, when i was basic i was nicknamed 'Basic for Scale', now i'm 'Airman for scale.' So, ah... I hope i'll have a bit of fun here!
ayy lmao. Thank you for reading that thing above.
Ayy,
Waterflame6 (C/Am)

DakRadz

Well, I have returned completely to CAP. 3 weeks in, and I've become AEO asst (soon to be primary), Safety asst (until the primary is back from med) and processed a good chunk of training along with my Earhart 1st Lt promotion.

Of course, I've been back on CT just a bit longer than that, and lurked throughout my AUXOFF school/marriage/babies time.

NormanCook

Hello everyone, new member here. Went to my first meeting last night and I will be in the Salt Lake City Squadron. I'm prior service Army and currently in the Air Force Reserves. Not sure which specialty I'm gonna go for but I'm thinking between observer/scanner or communications.

Lessa

I was a cadet in high school, took a break, returned to an organization that has great people and three worthwhile missions.

FyreDragn

Quote from: NormanCook on July 21, 2016, 05:24:27 PM
Hello everyone, new member here. Went to my first meeting last night and I will be in the Salt Lake City Squadron. I'm prior service Army and currently in the Air Force Reserves. Not sure which specialty I'm gonna go for but I'm thinking between observer/scanner or communications.

Hello there, just wanted to put it out there for you to think about.  You can always go into the Communications Specialty Track and still do Scanner/Observer.  Scanner/Observer training and qualification isn't an actual duty position which Communications would be.
Deputy Commander
Information Technology Officer - Master
Professional Development Officer - Technician
Middle GA Senior Squadron

NormanCook

Quote from: FyreDragn on August 18, 2016, 05:18:48 PM
Quote from: NormanCook on July 21, 2016, 05:24:27 PM

Hello there, just wanted to put it out there for you to think about.  You can always go into the Communications Specialty Track and still do Scanner/Observer.  Scanner/Observer training and qualification isn't an actual duty position which Communications would be.

Thanks for the info! Well I guess the only thing I do now is wait for my application to go through, My CC sent it out 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything about it since. How long does the process normally take?

Sent from my microwave using Tapatalk

Eclipse

Quote from: NormanCook on August 18, 2016, 07:04:31 PMMy CC sent it out 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything about it since. How long does the process normally take?

How long 'ya got?

You should expect to see notification of your CAP membership being active any time now, the background check?
That's anyone's guess.  NHQ has had some issues recently with turn-around.

"That Others May Zoom"

Alaric

Quote from: Eclipse on August 18, 2016, 07:10:19 PM
Quote from: NormanCook on August 18, 2016, 07:04:31 PMMy CC sent it out 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything about it since. How long does the process normally take?

How long 'ya got?

You should expect to see notification of your CAP membership being active any time now, the background check?

remember also a lot of the office was out the National Conference last week

NormanCook

Fair enough lol. Having served 8 1/2 years in the Army and now currently serving in the Air Force Reserves I should be used to having to "hurry up and wait".

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Alaric on August 18, 2016, 07:15:09 PM

How long 'ya got?

But most corp staffers were still at work, no?

PHall

Quote from: Капитан Хаткевич on August 18, 2016, 07:31:54 PM
Quote from: Alaric on August 18, 2016, 07:15:09 PM

How long 'ya got?

But most corp staffers were still at work, no?

It's also vacation season too.

NormanCook

Just got an e-mail this morning, apparently it was kicked back because the Commander forgot to put his signature in the appropriate block lol

PReeves

FyreDragn

Deputy Commander
Information Technology Officer - Master
Professional Development Officer - Technician
Middle GA Senior Squadron

Teddy Bear

Greetings every one. Newly signed up Senior member. I was in C.A.P. during the late 60's and early 70's. I'm excited to get involved again. Thank you for allowing me to be part of your community.

NormanCook

Well I've been a member for a few months now, I've done the Level 1 training and most of ICUT now. Seems like a pretty cool place to volunteer my time, I'm hoping to do more as I go along