Main Menu

The 'Stache

Started by Walkman, March 02, 2011, 04:10:50 AM

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Jerry Jacobs

BradM

Got ya! But SarDragon it says you are USN (ret.) so your Navy mustache was ok, right?
BRAD MELILLO, 1st Lt, CAP
Finance Officer
Asst. Professional Development Officer
Brackett Composite Squadron 64
La Verne, CA

SarDragon

It was OK in the Navy. It wasn't OK in a CAP uniform, on an Air Base, with an AD USAF First Shirt as a squadron commander. But we worked it out.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

raivo

I started March with the intention of growing a 'stache, but I'm starting to think it's in the best interest of myself and everyone who sees me on a daily basis that I quit now.

CAP Member, 2000-20??
USAF Officer, 2009-2018
Recipient of a Mitchell Award Of Irrelevant Number

"No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection-ready unit has ever survived combat."

Thom

Quote from: raivo on March 06, 2011, 11:26:38 PM
I started March with the intention of growing a 'stache, but I'm starting to think it's in the best interest of myself and everyone who sees me on a daily basis that I quit now.

"A man's got to know his limitations."  --  Inspector Harry Callahan

Thom

BradM

Quote from: SarDragon on March 05, 2011, 03:29:44 AM
It was OK in the Navy. It wasn't OK in a CAP uniform, on an Air Base, with an AD USAF First Shirt as a squadron commander. But we worked it out.

Did you split the difference? The mustache could extend 1/8th of an inch beyond the verticles lines at the corner of the mouth? :)
Finance Officer
La Verne, CA

SarDragon

Like I said, we worked it out.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

manfredvonrichthofen

Personally, I can't go the stache. It feels weird! I can't get over the feeling that I have a booger hanging out or that my nose hairs are so long that they are itching my nose. For some reason that is what I always feel. Not to mention all of the derogatory comments that the Army has for them, that have been drilled into my head. Plus I would be the ONLY one in my squadron to have one.

Heck I feel weird enough that I have stopped using a Gillette on my head. It is only a number one on the side of my head, but it still feels wierd. I don't know if I can take it anymore. I have gone from DI Ermy, to Ben Afflec in Green Zone.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Never could get mine to look like this...plus it's obviously out of regs...

I thin mine out once a week, on the morning of a meeting night.

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

SarDragon

That's from April '05. I usually grow it out for Hallowe'en, but that year it was a bit earlier, for a costume contest, where I went as Snidely Whiplash.

I suppose I ought to let y'all see the entire get-up.

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

a2capt

Wind up your radios! ...

That is the first thing that came to mind.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

a2capt

Well.. ya gotta admit .. swap the RCA 88 for an HT... and the 45's for comm logs, and it's just like mission base! ;)

I tried to grow one several times.. too itchy, and the feeling isn't worth it at all. Even after the forced 14 days from being 'stuck' in Florida after a hurricane named Wilma.. first thing I did when I got home was get rid off all it.

SarDragon

Too bad. I'll bet you could grow a righteous 'stache. You seem to have the right facial for it, certainly darker than mine ever was. The itch goes away for me after about 4 days, if it itches at all.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

BradM

"Blazes! What do you mean I can't wear my blues uniform and service cap with my chin hairs!?"
;)
Finance Officer
La Verne, CA

Walkman

Mustang

Was looking at the photos released by the Air Force of crews getting ready to go give our friends in Libya a hug and a kiss, and was humored by all the obvious "Mustache March" participants.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

Walkman

Here is the final result:

Anyone else got pix?

AC

Here I am in about 1978. Still have the stache I grew in 'nam in 1966. I met Robin Olds in Udorn. Could be he influenced me! He looked just like the picture.. I have a pic of me AD getting the BSM in this stache.

This pic was made right after I grew the stache to hide my split lip from an encounter with a bad guy. No Purple Heart!

Wings on the right side are Thai PARU wings.

I still have the stache. It has never been shaved off since I grew it.

BTW Brad, that top pic was taken when I was with Brackett Sq. 64!

Terence Maroste      "We're Paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're
Maj, CAP                   supposed to be surrounded."
AEO
SWR-TX-293                  -Captain Richard Winters