GLR CoC?

Started by Майор Хаткевич, July 25, 2019, 07:01:21 PM

Майор Хаткевич

Was there a CoC recently?

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

BlueLakes1

If there's been one, I'm not aware of it.

I'm headed OCONUS on vacation, and IAW regulations, I've notified NHQ and had orders cut so that my CV can exercise command authority in my absence. Normal ops.
Col Matthew Creed, CAP
GLR/CC

MSG Mac

Coup will commence as soon as the plane takes off.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Ozzy

Quote from: MSG Mac on July 25, 2019, 07:47:31 PM

Or not, now that the word is out.
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

THRAWN

Quote from: Ozzy on July 25, 2019, 08:08:49 PM
Quote from: MSG Mac on July 25, 2019, 07:47:31 PM

Or not, now that the word is out.

Aw, man! I made all these delicious sandwiches!
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

MSG Mac

Bring the sandwiches to Baltimore, while we begin to plan the 2020 National coup
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

JustNumbers

Quote from: BlueLakes1 on July 25, 2019, 07:44:03 PM

I'm headed OCONUS on vacation, and IAW regulations, I've notified NHQ and had orders cut so that my CV can exercise command authority in my absence. Normal ops.

How long a vacation has to be for such a change is essential?  Never saw anything like this when wing Commander leaves. Seems like too much paperwork to wipe with..

Just "Ask" Numbers

Holding Pattern

CoC?

Conflict of Commanders?

2 commanders enter, one commander leaves?

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: JustNumbers on July 25, 2019, 09:38:50 PM
Quote from: BlueLakes1 on July 25, 2019, 07:44:03 PM

How long a vacation has to be for such a change is essential?  Never saw anything like this when wing Commander leaves. Seems like too much paperwork to wipe with..

Just "Ask" Numbers

I guess I'd ask if the time served can be logged for PD purpose, if it's only a week or two. Does nhq manually wipe such breaks in service?

MSG Mac

Any time a Commander is on vacation or out of the area for an extended time they have to designate someone to act in their place with the authority to sign as Commander.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: MSG Mac on July 25, 2019, 10:01:57 PM
Any time a Commander is on vacation or out of the area for an extended time they have to designate someone to act in their place with the authority to sign as Commander.

Yep, seen it done dozens of times. Never with an actual eservices switch beyond temporary permissions increase if necessary.

JustNumbers

I have seen wing commanders leave CONUS for more than 2 weeks and all were notified via email that deputy will be in-charge..no command change in eServices.  This seems reasonable.  Just noticed it today when logged into my eservices for GLR.  Never so this before with previous command. I am puzzled so trying to understand when is the breakpoint for absence for an official change at national level to reflect in eservices.  Should I be expecting this when a Squadron or a Group or a Wing Commander is out?  Have they all been breaking regs? 

Holding Pattern

Quote from: JustNumbers on July 25, 2019, 10:12:14 PM
I have seen wing commanders leave CONUS for more than 2 weeks and all were notified via email that deputy will be in-charge..no command change. Just noticed it today when logged into my eservices for GLR.  Never so this before with previous command. I am puzzled so trying to understand when is the breakpoint for absence for an official change at national level to reflect in eservices.  Should I be expecting this when a Squadron or a Group or a Wing Commander is out?  Have they all been breaking regs?

As a squadron commander I've sent out delegation emails of a similar nature when I was going to be away for any period of time. My theory is that it isn't important until REDCAP and then it is suddenly really important.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Holding Pattern on July 25, 2019, 10:14:14 PM
Quote from: JustNumbers on July 25, 2019, 10:12:14 PM
I have seen wing commanders leave CONUS for more than 2 weeks and all were notified via email that deputy will be in-charge..no command change. Just noticed it today when logged into my eservices for GLR.  Never so this before with previous command. I am puzzled so trying to understand when is the breakpoint for absence for an official change at national level to reflect in eservices.  Should I be expecting this when a Squadron or a Group or a Wing Commander is out?  Have they all been breaking regs?

As a squadron commander I've sent out delegation emails of a similar nature when I was going to be away for any period of time. My theory is that it isn't important until REDCAP and then it is suddenly really important.

Yea, but permissions can be given, and higher HQ can get involved. Not sure about completely vacating a command level for a vacation. How does the military handle leave?

Eclipse

Cite please.  This is >why< you have Vice and Deputy CC's who already have both the practical and inherent
authority by virtue of their appointment without any need for formal hand over.

Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on July 25, 2019, 09:58:21 PMDoes nhq manually wipe such breaks in service?

No, it does not.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Wholly unnecessary and certainly not required by reg, and no idea why a REDCAP would make any difference
since those are run Operationally separate from the normal Chain of Command.

Staff members already have all the authority they need by virtue of the appointments.
If you aren't there, your CDs take over by design.

Further unless the Commander or staffer is going to that one planet where they don't have phones and internet,
what could possibly be so pressing that it could not be handled remotely or wait until the person's return?
There's basically nothing that requires the CC, per se, to click, that someone else can't do.

Unless yo have to miss some in-face meeting or activity, your people shold not even be aware of your absence.
Business as usual from the airport, the Starbucks, or Auntie em's table.

"That Others May Zoom"

Holding Pattern

Quote from: Eclipse on July 25, 2019, 10:21:38 PM

Wholly unnecessary and certainly not required by reg, and no idea why a REDCAP would make any difference
since those are run Operationally separate from the normal Chain of Command.

Staff members already have all the authority they need by virtue of the appointments.
If you aren't there, your CDs take over by design.

Further unless the Commander or staffer is going to that one planet where they don't have phones and internet,
what could possibly be so pressing that it could not be handled remotely or wait until the person's return?
There's basically nothing that requires the CC, per se, to click, that someone else can't do.

Unless yo have to miss some in-face meeting or activity, your people shold not even be aware of your absence.
Business as usual from the airport, the Starbucks, or Auntie em's table.

Surprisingly enough, that email I sent came in quite handy because we had a time-sensitive issue and someone at wing was demanding my signature on a document and common sense wasn't prevailing. That email I sent was what was used to push past the silliness until cooler heads could prevail.

Eclipse

Unless it was turnover docs related specifically to your accepting command, there's
nothing that needs the CC's sig, per se, and anything actually time sensitive would have worked itself
out organically.

Entertaining silliness for the sake of expediency is why CAP has the issues it has.

"That Others May Zoom"

Holding Pattern

Quote from: Eclipse on July 25, 2019, 10:42:39 PM
Unless it was turnover docs related specifically to your accepting command, there's
nothing that needs the CC's sig, per se, and anything actually time sensitive would have worked itself
out organically.

Entertaining silliness for the sake of expediency is why CAP has the issues it has.

Our wing has mandatory pre-emption on all activities and every activity requires signoffs from the squadron, group, and wing commander along with safety and legal review.

Eclipse

Which is why you have a Deputy.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Holding Pattern on July 25, 2019, 10:45:49 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on July 25, 2019, 10:42:39 PM
out organically.

Our wing has mandatory pre-emption on all activities and every activity requires signoffs from the squadron, group, and wing commander along with safety and legal review.

Sounds like an awesome solution in search of unicorn problems.

MSG Mac

Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on July 25, 2019, 10:11:25 PM

Yep, seen it done dozens of times. Never with an actual eservices switch beyond temporary permissions increase if necessary.

I saw it about a year ago when the MER Commander went out of the country on business. I asked him why he was fired and he explained that it was normal practice, when out of contact for an extended period. Wouldn't want to hold up Lt Col promotions while he's away.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

SarDragon

Aaaannd... I think we have once again run amok.
Buh-bye.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret