MIWG Christmas Eve Mission

Started by Walkman, December 27, 2014, 03:49:00 PM

Walkman

It was on the other side of the Mitten form me, but my fellow MIWG members performed a missing aircraft mission Christmas eve. Here's a blurb from our DO's email

QuoteAs most of you may already know, MIWG was activated by the AFRCC yesterday afternoon around 15:18lcl to search for a missing aircraft. The aircraft was on an IFR flight plan when it fell off radar while on approach to Port Huron, an ELT was picked up a short time thereafter.  MIWG responded with professionalism and the willingness to find the plane and pilot that we should all be very proud of. I know I am!

Ground teams were en route to the area within 30 minutes with the first one in the area and DFing the ELT around 16:45lcl. Other teams reached the area shortly thereafter. An aircrew was also ready to respond within 45 minutes. The wreckage was located by a CAP ground team at 17:08lcl. Unfortunately, the pilot perished in the crash. The ground teams assisted in securing the site and silencing the ELT. All that were involved, on every level, brought great credit to themselves, MIWG, CAP and the Air Force.

http://www.thetimesherald.com/story/news/local/2014/12/26/civil-air-patrol-found-airplane-crashed/20916599/

Private Investigator

That was a nice article. A great job for getting personnel out during the holidays.  :clap: