Recruiting help

Started by usafcap1, January 03, 2012, 10:02:08 PM

usafcap1

"Attn: All students that are interested in aviation or a career in the military: The civil air patrol will be in the career center during lunch from (some date and time i'v haven't selected yet)".

how does that sound i plan on playing this message twice a week for a month and then going to the schools and recruiting for a week.
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

RickRutledge

Careful with the 'military' tag, you could get the KIBOSH from the administrators. Instead consider saying 'Civil Air Patrol, the Air Force Auxiliary' and then carefully explain the military parallel when you do the recruiting day.
Maj. Rick Rutledge
Wing Public Affairs Officer
Oklahoma Wing
Broken Arrow Composite Squadron
Commander
Civil Air Patrol
(Cadet 1996-2001)

Duke Dillio

You could try adding something about serving their community however I don't know how well that would go....

MSG Mac

Quote from: GoneAway on January 03, 2012, 11:27:24 PM
You could try adding something about serving their community however I don't know how well that would go....

Community service would be a good hook. since most schools require some sort of community service.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

MikeS

What about "military style community service" or something along those lines?  I am a senior in High School, and sadly most people would be turned away when hearing just Community Service, and I know alot of people in high school who would really enjoy CAP, if they would have joined earlier.

EMT-83

As a cadet, what are the activities that really stand out? You know, the times you're thinking, "If my friends could only see me now."

That's what you need to sell; not the stuff they can read off the website.

Cap'n

You could mention something about drill, but I'm not sure how interesting that would sound over an intercom.. You would have to word it very well.  :-\

RogueLeader

I would stick to what your unit does. I wouldn't mention color/honor guard if you don't have that program, or have any intention of starting one.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

lordmonar

Quote from: usafcap1 on January 03, 2012, 10:02:08 PM
"Attn: All students that are interested in aviation or a career in the military: The civil air patrol will be in the career center during lunch from (some date and time i'v haven't selected yet)".

how does that sound i plan on playing this message twice a week for a month and then going to the schools and recruiting for a week.
Sounds good to me.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP