Deleting a date on E services for a cadet promotion

Started by Turtle1, May 29, 2010, 12:38:25 PM

Turtle1

Does anyone know how to delete an incorrect date that was input for a cadet's promotion?  I went under the Cadet Promotions link on E Services and clicked on review/edit/ delete under the administration part but there is no header for the delete function.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.
Marybeth Williams
Major, CAP

PHall

That will probably require a phone call to National. They have to "manually" remove the incorrect date.

a2capt

It's like the Hotel California, you can enter all you want, but you can never delete. ;-)

That will require intervention from NHQ. .. yup.

Eclipse

I thought you could simply re-enter the same promotion with a new date...

"That Others May Zoom"

jeders

Quote from: Eclipse on May 29, 2010, 03:14:51 PM
I thought you could simply re-enter the same promotion with a new date...

You should be able to do that under the administration tab in the cadet promotions module.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Turtle1

I thought that to, in fact I have done it before but when I went in today and clicked on the edit/enter /delete there was no area to be able to delete something.  I guess I will have to call National.  Thank you.
Marybeth Williams
Major, CAP

brasda91

I am able to edit my Cadets dates and scores.  When I click on View/Edit/Delete it brings up the test record, everything is grayed out.  Under the Approval information there are three links, Back, Delete, Edit.  Clicking on Edit brings up the record again with access to all of the blocks.  I can edit any of the test records I want to.

Maybe it has to do with your staff position in the unit.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

Turtle1

Thank you Sir, I will contact my Unit Commander.  I am DCC so I should have the authorization, at least I did before.  Thanks again.
Marybeth Williams
Major, CAP

TexasBirdGirl

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Turtle1 on May 29, 2010, 12:38:25 PM
Does anyone know how to delete an incorrect date that was input for a cadet's promotion?  I went under the Cadet Promotions link on E Services and clicked on review/edit/ delete under the administration part but there is no header for the delete function.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Below the Mitchell, you just need to delete and re-enter the entire achievement.  Above the Mitchell, it requires sending a signed CAPF 52-X to NHQ for entry.

The number of these should decrease significantly with the inclusion of the "promotion effective date" added to the approval tool.  That field is handy if you aren't able to approve at the very instant that the promotion is effective so you don't have to go and change things around to get them correct.

Good Luck!
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill