Main Menu

Lt Col Pat Kemp

Started by Color Guard Rifleman, September 25, 2018, 05:24:47 PM

Color Guard Rifleman

Patricia Lu Kemp, age 84 of East Lansing, formerly of Laingsburg, passed away Saturday, September 22, 2018 at the Hospice House of Mid-Michigan in Lansing.  Funeral services will be held at 11:00 am Friday, September 28, 2018 at the Laingsburg United Methodist Church, 210 Crum St. Laingsburg, MI 48848.  Pastor Brian West will officiate with burial to follow in Reed Cemetery, Laingsburg.  Family will receive friends at the church Thursday from 5-7 pm and again Friday one hour prior to the service.

Mrs. Kemp volunteered with Civil Air Patrol for 42 years and was an avid seamstress.

Online condolences may be sent to her family by going to www.watkinsfuneralhomes.com
C/SMSgt Murphy Killeen, CAP
2019 MIWG Encampment Squadron 2 First Sergeant
Recruiting NCO

See the source image

ironputts

Sept 2018

Lt Col Patricia Lu Kemp
Michigan Wing

Patricia Lu Kemp, age 84 of East Lansing, formerly of Laingsburg, passed away Saturday, September 22, 2018 at the Hospice House of Mid-Michigan in Lansing.  Funeral services will be held at 11:00 am Friday, September 28, 2018 at the Laingsburg United Methodist Church, 210 Crum St. Laingsburg, MI 48848.  Pastor Brian West will officiate with burial to follow in Reed Cemetery, Laingsburg.  Family will receive friends at the church Thursday from 5-7 pm and again Friday one hour prior to the service.

Pat was born on August 10, 1934 in Lansing.  She attended Sexton High School, graduating in 1952.  On June 27, 1952, Pat married William "Bill" J. Kemp and together raised 4 children.  Bill later passed in 2008. 

Mrs. Kemp volunteered with Civil Air Patrol for 42 years and was an avid seamstress.

She is survived by 3 children: William (Vicki) Kemp, Phillip Kemp, Randy (Janette) Kemp; 7 grandchildren; 18 great grandchildren; sister, Mary Jo; 2 brothers-in-law: Frank Kemp and Chuck Hooker.

Mrs. Kemp was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Bill; son, Christopher and grandson, Noah.
Greg Putnam, Lt. Col., CAP

NIN

Lt Col Kemp's son, Christopher, was my flight commander my student basic year of encampment.

He was a good dude, took care of things, and is part of the reason I kept coming back.

Pat also took good care of me when I was a young pup SM, kicking me in the tail and "suggesting" that there were better ways to do things.

She ran senior training in Michigan Wing with a mailed fist, and it was good.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

ironputts

Greg Putnam, Lt. Col., CAP