Flying with another Squadron

Started by Smoothice, January 13, 2010, 01:19:24 PM

Smoothice

This summer I will be visiting the in-laws that live out west. They are right in the middle of mountain country. Would it be possible to visit a squadron near my in-laws and perhaps get together with some pilots familiar with mountain country? I would love to add flying around 10,000ft peaks to my logbook.

Thanks!

Al Sayre

Sure, I make it a habit to visit other squadrons when I'm out and about.  You never know what good ideas you'll pick up.  Check the NHQ Unit Finder for the area you are visiting and then give the Squadron CC a call to let him/her know you'd like to visit.  I've never had one say no yet.  Take some patches to trade...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

SilverEagle2

Jason R. Hess, Col, CAP
Commander, Rocky Mountain Region

"People are not excellent because they achieve great things;
they achieve great things because they choose to be excellent."
Gerald G. Probst,
Beloved Grandfather, WWII B-24 Pilot, Successful Businessman

SilverEagle2

Bummer, if it were the SLC area, I'd take you anytime. Don't forget to bring a uniform with you!  ;D
     Jason R. Hess, Col, CAP

Gerald G. Probst,

bosshawk

I have a buddy who is in CAP, but up in the Idaho panhandle, Couer de Lane.  I have no idea whether or not Idaho Wing has a sq in SW part of the state, but the unit locator might help.  Idaho only has six airplanes, so they are likely spread around.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

bosshawk

Oops, my spelling of the town really stinks: can't remember right now. 

If you get to central CA, I would be happy to show you some 13,000 and 14,000 ft peaks and throw in Yosemite Park as a bonus.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

SilverEagle2

Jason R. Hess, Col, CAP

Gerald G. Probst,

sparks

If you are a pilot taking a copy of your pilot file, log book, license, etc. would also be adviseable. Not everything is on e-services, yet.

jdel

There is a squadron in Boise.  We meet at Gowen Field National Guard base, on the backside of the airport.  Tuesday nights from 1800-2030.  We have many experienced pilots that would love to get you flying our plane!
C/CMSgt. Julia de la Bretonne
Bravo Flight Commander
RMR-ID-073
Boise Composite Squadron