Flight Stim Sim??

Started by AirAux, April 28, 2016, 03:51:49 PM

AirAux

Our Squadron recently received a flight stim kit for flight simulators.  I have seen some in the past at Wing Conferences, etc.  I am trying to find out if anyone has a set of instructions for creating a flight sim set-up using PVC or something and how to hook up 4 video screens to a computer for our flight sim.  I appreciate and know the cadets will.  They love these things.  Thanks in advance.  (hey, not one mention of uniforms..)   

etodd

Quote from: AirAux on April 28, 2016, 03:51:49 PM
Our Squadron recently received a flight stim kit for flight simulators.  I have seen some in the past at Wing Conferences, etc.  I am trying to find out if anyone has a set of instructions for creating a flight sim set-up using PVC or something and how to hook up 4 video screens to a computer for our flight sim.  I appreciate and know the cadets will.  They love these things.  Thanks in advance.  (hey, not one mention of uniforms..)

Which uniform is required of Cadets to fly a simulator?  >:D
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Eclipse

The rig itself will be the smallest problem.  You'll need a machine with 4 heads and a GPU capable of pushing those pixels.

You can get multi-head display stands on Amazon relatively inexpensively.  I have a triple that was about $150

It's not a complex setup, but explaining it here in anything but high-level terms won't help much as each machine is different.

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

Too early to turn this thread into an uniform thread...

;)
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Holding Pattern

Quote from: etodd on April 28, 2016, 07:13:02 PM
Quote from: AirAux on April 28, 2016, 03:51:49 PM

Which uniform is required of Cadets to fly a simulator?  >:D

Whichever one all the cadets can wear and be 39-1 compliant in. Flight sim operations are prime PAO opportunities.

Panzerbjorn

Major
Command Pilot
Ground Branch Director
Eagle Scout

avallillo

There is a large and lively cockpit building movement in the Flight Sim hobby these days, ranging from the sort of simple set up that you probably envision to full blown rigs that use actual jetliner nose sections bought from the boneyard as a shell (Google Project 727 to see one of the best).

Just Google Flight sim cockpit building or something like that and you will surely land in a target rich environment!

Tony Vallillo
MD001