Main Menu

pant blousing

Started by footballrun21, August 22, 2005, 02:05:10 AM

c/LTCOLorbust

They also have the nice metal once at the BX, I have never tried them but, just letting ya know
1Lt. Joshua M. Bergland
Yakima Composite SQ.
WA Wing

SarDragon

Quote from: c/LTCOLorbust on December 16, 2005, 05:59:42 PM
They also have the nice metal once at the BX, I have never tried them but, just letting ya know

Only once, and not twice or thrice?   :o
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Cam89

How long do they last? Do they get old worn out soon?
Carrisa Marinshaw
    C/Amn

MIKE

Quote from: Cam89 on December 17, 2005, 01:41:36 AM

They should last you a while before they get stretched out... It's always good to have a few extra pairs anyway in case you lose them... Plus you can find many other uses for them like securing ponchos to LBE... I've even known some female cadets and SMs who have used them in their hair in an emergency.

Mike Johnston

CAP428

Why not just use a rubber band?  That clippy hook thing on the blousing straps has come undone on mine before.

Pylon

Quote from: MIKE on December 17, 2005, 02:45:04 AM
Quote from: Cam89 on December 17, 2005, 01:41:36 AM

They should last you a while before they get stretched out... It's always good to have a few extra pairs anyway in case you lose them... Plus you can find many other uses for them like securing ponchos to LBE... I've even known some female cadets and SMs who have used them in their hair in an emergency.

I've used them to hold the battery pack to the back of my Icom HT when the plastic clip broke.  They come in extremely handy and take up no space in your gear!  :)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Dustoff

Quote from: shorning on December 15, 2005, 06:53:00 PM
Quote from: Nukem on December 15, 2005, 02:06:05 PM
I hate to break it to you, but your MTI was mistaken!

Maybe, and maybe not.  As one TI put it to me: "Define 'over'." 

Certainly "above" can be "over", but so can "on top of".  In fact I see it both ways in the Rea Air ForceTM.  I've also seen the Army do both.  I know the Marine blouse "on top of" the boots.  YMMV...[/size]

My TI when I went through Lackland (March-May'89) was pretty emphatic that he didn't want to have ANY laces showing.  (This included low-quarters also, had to tuck the bow down in so he couldn't see it).  As a result, to this day, I still blouse below the boot laces.

By the way, have you all noticed how the "pre-shrunk" BDU's shrink?  Makes it more difficult to keep the bloused part where it belongs.  Either that or I'm getting taller........ :D

Jim
Jim

Hawk200

Quote from: c/LTCOLorbust on December 16, 2005, 05:59:42 PM

If you're talking about the metal blousing springs that the Marines use, I would advise against those. I tried some for about two weeks. I figured I'd get used to them, but I never did. Those things hurt after a while.

ELTHunter

I've had the wide Velcro blousers for years.  I gave up on wearing them a long time ago because I didn't see the need as long as my BDU's had the little sewn in thingys.  Turns out I didn't know HOW to wear them until I read this thread.  Tried them tonight, makes a world of difference when you put them on right.  Much better than cramming the laces and the ties into your boots.

THANKS!
Maj. Tim Waddell, CAP
SER-TN-170
Deputy Commander of Cadets
Emergency Services Officer

RiverAux

As long as there are ticks in the woods, my BDU pants are going to be tucked into my boots. 

Hawk200

Quote from: RiverAux on November 18, 2006, 03:29:23 PM
As long as there are ticks in the woods, my BDU pants are going to be tucked into my boots. 

If you're worried about the ticks, wrap some 100 mph tape around the pants leg, too. Looks stupid, but it works.

RiverAux

Though I'm not afraid of looking stupid (just ask anyone who knows me), tucking the pants in has always worked well enough for me. 

In any case, when your basic uniform is camoflage you already look pretty stupid wearing a bright orange vest while walking around in the woods....

Hawk200

Quote from: RiverAux on November 18, 2006, 04:56:27 PMIn any case, when your basic uniform is camoflage you already look pretty stupid wearing a bright orange vest while walking around in the woods....

Hmm, so that's what that feeling was..... :-[

DNall

Quote from: CAP428 on November 13, 2006, 06:56:15 AM
Why not just use a rubber band?  That clippy hook thing on the blousing straps has come undone on mine before.
Again, these suck & will cut off your circulation just in the short term. They are like the $15 cheapo jungle boots that come apart instantly. Just don't do it ever. A rubber band is an even worse idea.

Whereas these bands cost about $2.50 or so & work great.

Never tried the marine metal. It looks good, but more than I'm looking for.

Quote from: RiverAux on November 18, 2006, 03:29:23 PM
Blousing done right gives much better overlapping protection actually, which was the original point, however, do diferentiate btwn a utilitarian set of field BDUs & a squared away in-garrison set.

Hawk200

Quote from: DNall on November 18, 2006, 06:09:41 PM

Again, these suck & will cut off your circulation just in the short term. They are like the $15 cheapo jungle boots that come apart instantly. Just don't do it ever. A rubber band is an even worse idea.

You know, I keep hearing people say that, but I've been wearing those for 18 years now, and never had a problem with them.

CAP428

Well, I agree with Hawk200.  While I have had the blousing bands' hook come undone once or twice, I've used them for quite a while without much problem.  I couldn't find them today when I had to go to a CAP event, so I tried a rubber band.  I had no problem; they did not cut off my circulation.

SarDragon

Quote from: Hawk200 on November 18, 2006, 08:53:22 PM
Quote from: DNall on November 18, 2006, 06:09:41 PM

You know, I keep hearing people say that, but I've been wearing those for 18 years now, and never had a problem with them.

Same here. The trick is to put them over the top of the boot, not directly around your leg, although, now that I think about it, I never had any circulation problems with  the too-short pair of pants with the bands around my leg.

YMMV.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

CadetProgramGuy

1. Take those blousing bands, the wide ones, put them on a table.
2. Put your pants on.
3. Sit down at the table, pull your pants up enough for you to sit confortably.
4. Bend over, take your pants and fold the excess to the rear of your leg, in essence, wraping your pants around your leg.  Be sure to keep the front of your pants straight though.
5. Put blousing band around pants, about 2 inches above the bottom of your pants.
6. Put on your boot.
7. Repeat for the other leg.
8. When you stand up, your pants will blouse automatically for you.

Army style......

flapsUP

Cutting off circulation....have we become a slave to high CAP fashion?

capcadet101

Quote from: CAP Safety Dude on August 23, 2005, 03:11:40 AM
I hate these.  They cut the circulation off and are uncomfortable after several hours of wear.

-CC

Quote from: MIKE on August 22, 2005, 02:47:42 AM
Get some of these:

Place them between the first and second eyelets of your boots (toward the top), roll your trousers a few times and tuck them up neatly under these blousing cords.

Link.
they dont cut off the circlation if you put them on the very top off your boot
Cadet Ryan W. DiGiuseppi
Lake St. Louis Missouri 63367
ges,set, certified