New Committee module available in E-Services

Started by Alaric, September 22, 2014, 07:16:36 PM

Alaric

https://www.capnhq.gov/news/news22Sep14.htm

Wonder whether they will update the SUI checklist so that if this is used a PA is not needed?

lordmonar

Already in the system that E-services is a substitute for a PA or F2 for most things.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

JeffDG

So far, committee assignments don't show in CAPWATCH...grrr.

Alaric

Quote from: lordmonar on September 22, 2014, 10:46:30 PM
Already in the system that E-services is a substitute for a PA or F2 for most things.

Not really the reg does not read that way and the SUI is based on the reg

1.      Are administrative authorizations (Transportation Authorizations (TAs), Personnel Authorizations (PAs), and Participation Letters (PLs) prepared, reproduced and distributed in accordance with CAPR 10-3?   CAPR 10-3 para 2

JeffDG

Quote from: Alaric on September 22, 2014, 11:12:47 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on September 22, 2014, 10:46:30 PM

Not really the reg does not read that way and the SUI is based on the reg

1.      Are administrative authorizations (Transportation Authorizations (TAs), Personnel Authorizations (PAs), and Participation Letters (PLs) prepared, reproduced and distributed in accordance with CAPR 10-3?   CAPR 10-3 para 2

Covered by CAPR 10-1

QuoteCAPR 10-1, 7
c. When electronic processes (i.e., eServices, WMIRS or other databases) are developed
that meet the documentation requirements of CAP directives, CAP units are authorized to use the
electronic process as an alternative to the hard copy files. That information does not then need to
be entered on other CAP hard copy formats. CAP units must be sure that the electronic process
used meets all documentation requirements of the respective CAP directive before eliminating
the use of hard copy records.

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: JeffDG on September 22, 2014, 10:52:04 PM
According to the last conference call I was on (which was a couple of weeks ago, and included todays expected launch date) it's coming and will be a separate table/file.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

CAP_truth

Only departments that have committees are personnel, Finance Cadet Programs, and Safety.
Cadet CoP
Wilson

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

The only "committee" in Safety that I can see .. is the group of IGs that come when a F78 is created.

Eclipse

That was the only thing I would think - can't imagine that would be used below Wing level.

"That Others May Zoom"

CAP_truth

Cadet CoP
Wilson

pierson777

I think this is a fantastic step in the right direction.  As DP, PD, and DA, I'm very pleased to see that the committee assignments are now handled this way.  The less administrating we have to do, the more we can focus on mission readiness.  So, is there any need for PA's any longer, other than assigning "made up duties," like snack bar officer?  I'm trying to recall, but I don't think I've done a PA for anything other committees in recent years.

Wouldn't it be amazing if there was an eServices application for committee members to vote, thereby eliminating the need to create and retain additional documents at the unit?

I also agree that CAPR 10-1, 7 means that eServices now meets documentation requirements for committees.

Now...if they ever put activity and service ribbons on eServices on ribbons on eServices, perhaps we could stop retaining personnel records at each unit.  I hear it's coming, but I've heard the same for over eight years.

Private Investigator

Quote from: pierson777 on September 23, 2014, 05:11:17 AM
I think this is a fantastic step in the right direction.  As DP, PD, and DA, I'm very pleased to see that the committee assignments are now handled this way.  The less administrating we have to do, the more we can focus on mission readiness.  So, is there any need for PA's any longer, other than assigning "made up duties," like snack bar officer?  I'm trying to recall, but I don't think I've done a PA for anything other committees in recent years.

Wouldn't it be amazing if there was an eServices application for committee members to vote, thereby eliminating the need to create and retain additional documents at the unit?

I also agree that CAPR 10-1, 7 means that eServices now meets documentation requirements for committees.

Now...if they ever put activity and service ribbons on eServices on ribbons on eServices, perhaps we could stop retaining personnel records at each unit.  I hear it's coming, but I've heard the same for over eight years.

You got some very good points and "if" everyone did the right thing not a problem. But 'human nature' has us tending to fudge on things. And 'pencil whipping' items electronically is the same as 'pencil whipping' items with ink and paper.  8)

MSG Mac

At the National Conference, the Awards session announced that coming soon they would be allowing the input of awards and decorations into E-services.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

JeffDG

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on September 22, 2014, 11:40:07 PM
Quote from: JeffDG on September 22, 2014, 10:52:04 PM
According to the last conference call I was on (which was a couple of weeks ago, and included todays expected launch date) it's coming and will be a separate table/file.

OK, great.  I can use that table to build automatic mailing lists...for example you could send an e-mail to the Finance Committee for a unit automatically, and what's more, I can archive these messages for future reference.

JeffDG

Tim,

Another item, I just checked the Member Search (Restricted), and the user records don't show committee assignments.  I was assigned last night to two committees that I serve on (Finance and Awards for Group), and I received the confirmation of assignment, but they don't show up anywhere on my member record.

JeffDG

The committee table was released in CAPWATCH this morning.

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: JeffDG on September 23, 2014, 12:47:17 PM
Tim,

Another item, I just checked the Member Search (Restricted), and the user records don't show committee assignments.  I was assigned last night to two committees that I serve on (Finance and Awards for Group), and I received the confirmation of assignment, but they don't show up anywhere on my member record.
They are listed under the Duty Positions tab with the heading of "Current Committees".
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

JeffDG

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on September 24, 2014, 01:56:37 AM
Quote from: JeffDG on September 23, 2014, 12:47:17 PM
Tim,

They are listed under the Duty Positions tab with the heading of "Current Committees".

OK, must have just been added...wasn't there yesterday!

It'll be nice, we'll have automated mailing lists for these committees by the end of the day today, automatically updated...just in time to tell folks about them at our wing conference on Saturday.

pierson777

Does anyone know if we will be able to obtain a report that shows all of the members assigned to a committee?  I can't find this as an option.  However, while on the screen where you assign a member to a committee, you can select a member that is already assigned to a committee, then on the right side of screen a list appears showing all of the committees the member is assigned.  Click on that committee name, and a pop-up will show all of the members assigned to the committee.

I bring this up because I'm trying to figure out how to concisely show an inspector that the committees are assigned.

pierson777

Why did they name this application "Assign Committees" when there is only one committee (finance), but there are  five boards?

Also, they used the wrong name for the Membership Board by calling it a Membership Committee.  CAPR 39-2 calls it  a Membership Board, not a committee.  This is probably not that big of a deal, but it sure bugs me that they get these kinds of thing wrong between CAP eServices and CAP regulations.

rmutchler

Quote from: pierson777 on September 24, 2014, 03:37:20 PM
Does anyone know if we will be able to obtain a report that shows all of the members assigned to a committee?  I can't find this as an option.  However, while on the screen where you assign a member to a committee, you can select a member that is already assigned to a committee, then on the right side of screen a list appears showing all of the committees the member is assigned.  Click on that committee name, and a pop-up will show all of the members assigned to the committee.

I bring this up because I'm trying to figure out how to concisely show an inspector that the committees are assigned.

I submitted a similar suggestion to NHQ that we should be able to manage a committee and add/remove members as opposed to picking a member, then assigning a committee.  I think that would help report on the committee members.

wacapgh

+1

When your commander hands you the new assignments it looks like this:

Committee 1
Member 1
Member 2
Member 3

Committee 2
Member 2
Member 3
Member 4

etc. Not:

Member 1 - Committee 1
Member 2 - Committee 1, Committee 2
Member 3 - Committee 1, Committee 2
Member 4 - Committee 2

etc.

pierson777

FYI: There is a new change to the committee module.  You can now assign one chairperson for each committee/board.  You can also get a report that shows all committees/boards assigned.  It's under reports.  I suppose this should meet the "in writing" requirement now, so we shouldn't need to write PAs for these from now on.