Main Menu

ABU coat fit

Started by NovemberWhiskey, February 17, 2018, 12:02:53 AM

NovemberWhiskey

I'm trying to buy some ABUs. The fitting of the pants is no problem. I've tried on two adjacent sizes in the coat, and they both basically fit; the smaller one is a little more form fitting (not tugging against the buttons or anything like that), the larger one is obviously a little roomier (and more in line with the general fit of the pants) but blouses it in a weird way around my hips.

The larger one is a 6" drop from chest to waist, which is what I tend to wear in a suit; the smaller one would be a 4" drop.

What is supposed to be the fit on this? I did some image searches and I don't see much consistency. I guess that means it doesn't matter, but always interested to hear opinions.

dwb

I am also on the edge of two different sizes. I was for BDUs as well.

If both blouses hang on you fine, go for the one that provides more comfort when you're in motion. It is a work uniform, after all. Squat, bend down, twist, do some arm circles, etc. If the smaller blouse is restricting movement then it's too small. If the blouse rides up and shows your belt, it's too short.