Encampment Cadet Staff Acceptance

Started by Color Guard Rifleman, October 31, 2018, 05:07:57 PM

Color Guard Rifleman

I applied for Florida Wing Winter Encampment and am waiting for an email if I am accepted or denied for the positions I applied for. A list went out with GLR members but were only senior members. Does that mean I wasn't accepted or the cadet positions haven't been chosen yet?
C/SMSgt Murphy Killeen, CAP
2019 MIWG Encampment Squadron 2 First Sergeant
Recruiting NCO

See the source image

Eclipse

Quote from: Color Guard Rifleman on October 31, 2018, 05:07:57 PM
I applied for Florida Wing Winter Encampment and am waiting for an email if I am accepted or denied for the positions I applied for. A list went out with GLR members but were only senior members. Does that mean I wasn't accepted or the cadet positions haven't been chosen yet?

The website, which appears to be current, indicates that...
http://flwg.us/calendar-events/encampment/winter_encampment.aspx
"28 Oct 18 - Cadet and Senior Staff personnel offered a staff position acknowledgement due. Offers will be sent via email provided at registration."

Which would seem to indicate those acceptance letters were sent already and you didn't get one.
Your best bet is to contact the Commandant or Admissions officer directly.

"That Others May Zoom"

TheSkyHornet

Chill, dude.

I appreciate the enthusiasm. But you need to relax. If you have questions or issues with Encampment, you need to direct them to the chain of command or POC of the matter. Anything said on here, even if good insight, isn't official and can't be taken as such.

Shoot them an email with "Did cadet staff selection offers go out yet? I saw on your website that 28OCT was the date on which offers would be made. I did not receive any indication that I would be selected or rejected." And if they take a week to reply, anticipate the rest of the Encampment process to follow suit.

Color Guard Rifleman

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on October 31, 2018, 05:58:41 PM
Chill, dude.

I appreciate the enthusiasm. But you need to relax. If you have questions or issues with Encampment, you need to direct them to the chain of command or POC of the matter. Anything said on here, even if good insight, isn't official and can't be taken as such.

Shoot them an email with "Did cadet staff selection offers go out yet? I saw on your website that 28OCT was the date on which offers would be made. I did not receive any indication that I would be selected or rejected." And if they take a week to reply, anticipate the rest of the Encampment process to follow suit.

The chain of command for that usually takes a while. I also figured that a member of Florida Wing Winter Encampment might be on here.
C/SMSgt Murphy Killeen, CAP
2019 MIWG Encampment Squadron 2 First Sergeant
Recruiting NCO

See the source image

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Color Guard Rifleman on October 31, 2018, 06:40:14 PM
Quote from: TheSkyHornet on October 31, 2018, 05:58:41 PM
Chill, dude.

The chain of command for that usually takes a while. I also figured that a member of Florida Wing Winter Encampment might be on here.

I'm totally tracking. But know that it's not an official answer if it's posted on here.

And if they take a while, consider that they're busy and have other duty positions in CAP. Also consider that some people are just that way and don't respond, and, as I said before, that's to be expected for the remainder of the process. If they take weeks to reply back to you, you know that's exactly how information will be communicated all the way until Encampment starts (and people wonder why last minute plans fall apart).

For assumptions:
Maybe they sent out offer letters and you didn't get selected (in which case, they should send a rejection letter; doesn't mean they will, but it's a courtesy). Maybe they sent out offer letters and you didn't get first pick (in which case they might be waiting on their selectees to give their answer; this really bogs down timelines). Maybe they completely missed their deadline (not uncommon at all) and didn't live up to what they said would happen (in which case, again, expect this to be the norm for the entire process).