CPFT HFZ when cadet has a birthday?

Started by Vegas1972, April 16, 2018, 05:40:25 PM

Vegas1972

I sent the following to NHQ but wondered if anyone here had experience with this:

I have a question about how the CPFT is supposed to work.   We have a cadet who reached the HFZ on the new version of the CPFT on 1-23-2018.   It is our understanding, as per CAPP 60-50 that this "pass" is good for six months.   He scored 26 on the pacer and 10 on push-ups as a 12-year-old which is good for HFZ.   However, he has now turned 13 and the system is applying the 13-year-old standards to the test he took at 12 and showing that as a failing test.   Is that the way its supposed to work, or is a "pass" good for 6 months regardless of how the standards change due to age?

Has anyone dealt with this so far?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.", Sgt. John M. Stryker.

Ned

Let me ping the corporate crew at NHQ and advise.

Ned Lee
National CP Manager

Vegas1972

Quote from: Ned on April 16, 2018, 05:55:02 PM
Let me ping the corporate crew at NHQ and advise.

Ned Lee
National CP Manager

Thank you sir, much appreciated.

Vegas1972

I received the following ridiculously quick, in about an hour, reply from National...

1st Lt,

Thanks for letting us know.  An HFZ credential is good for the cadet's promotions for six months, regardless of any birthdays that take place during that time.  That said, when the cadet has a birthday like the one you describe, where their current score no longer shows them as passing at their current age, their data entry page and reports will show them as not passing, since it's just doing a spot check against their last HFZ test and the standard.  To the best of my knowledge, this shouldn't prevent the promotion.  If you'd like to share the CAPID of the affected cadet I'd be happy to take a closer look and make sure.  (Also, typing that out, it does sound counterintuitive.  I'll talk to our design gurus and see if we can maybe have that page reflect promotion eligibility, not current HFZ status, which can be misleading.)  Thank you for supporting the cadets!

Ned

It looks like Ms. Lee has already responded to your inquiry, so I don't have much to add except to note that we will look into the process at our end to try and make it less confusing.

Thank you for watching out for your cadet.

Ned Lee
National CP Manager