Non locking thread- hopefully.

Started by RogueLeader, April 02, 2007, 08:22:30 PM

MIKE

JAG was good.  I got tired of NCIS after a season or so though.  The Unit and Jericho are pretty good.
Mike Johnston

ColonelJack

I loved JAG!  Even when it was more soap-opera than military-lawyer, it was good!  The cast had perfect interaction with each other.  When John M. Jackson (Admiral Chegwidden) left the cast and was replaced by the Marine General, it seemed that tension among cast members increased -- of course, that could also have had a lot to do with all of them knowing it was the last season.  CBS couldn't afford the raises David James Elliott and Catherine Bell would have demanded to continue the series, and Donald Bellisario was more involved with NCIS than JAG at that point anyway.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Major Lord

Quote from: carnold1836 on April 06, 2007, 04:57:11 PM
All about the kilt, I have two. One for formal occasions, I wore it in my friend's wedding. And one I used to wear at the Kansas City RenFaire.

Since I have a direct line genealogy back to the royal line of Clan Stuart I can wear it with out any fear of offending any one in Scotland. :P

I don't want to start another uniform argument, but Kilts go great with Mess Dress Uniforms! AF tartan ( The Lady Jane-don't laugh) Is not easily available.

Capt. Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

ColonelJack

Quote from: CaptLord on April 08, 2007, 07:10:46 PM

I don't want to start another uniform argument, but Kilts go great with Mess Dress Uniforms! AF tartan ( The Lady Jane-don't laugh) Is not easily available.

Capt. Lord

At the risk of bringing down the wrath of many and the dreaded black van visit, I offer the following for you to peruse to see just HOW good the kilt goes with mess dress. 

And yes, I know I should be wearing the buttons-n-chain.  Sigh ... this is why I'm seeking a larger mess dress jacket.  Still ... it looked good.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.

Major Lord

Col. Jack,

I knew I was going to like you!

Capt. Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

fyrfitrmedic

The kilt/mess dress combo looks good, IMHO.

Isn't there a USAF tartan? I seem to remember one somewhere...
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

alexalvarez

Ch, Lt. Col., Alex Alvarez
Alamo Composite Squadron, Bexar County Squadron, San Antonio, Texas
Group V Chaplain
Mitchell 1967, Earhart 1967, C/ Lt. Col. 1969
Fifty Year Member 2014

JC004

LtCol White

Quote from: ColonelJack on April 08, 2007, 07:13:02 PM
Quote from: CaptLord on April 08, 2007, 07:10:46 PM

Capt. Lord

At the risk of bringing down the wrath of many and the dreaded black van visit, I offer the following for you to peruse to see just HOW good the kilt goes with mess dress. 

And yes, I know I should be wearing the buttons-n-chain.  Sigh ... this is why I'm seeking a larger mess dress jacket.  Still ... it looked good.

Jack

Hey look! Its MacCAP !!!

LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

DNall

ColonelJack

Quote from: DNall on April 08, 2007, 11:34:58 PM
Better picture, funny commentary.

Ahem ... better picture?  As Dr. Smith would say, "InDEED!"

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.

JC004

DNall

Quote from: MIKE on April 08, 2007, 06:54:55 PM
JAG was good.  I got tired of NCIS after a season or so though.  The Unit and Jericho are pretty good.
I like the unit,  even if half the episodes are total crap, some of them are good. It's on during my meeting though, so I have to wait till later & watch it online, which is nice to since I can save it till there's nothing on TV. Now it's baseball season though, so I'll just have to fit it in amongst my real entertainment addition. Link= http://www.cbs.com/primetime/the_unit/

Quote from: JC004 on April 09, 2007, 12:46:09 AM
Quote from: DNall on April 08, 2007, 11:34:58 PM
http://www.chairforce.com/fun/funny-photos/pages/gaelic-band.htm
Better picture, funny commentary.
That's the one I was looking for!  That's probably where I saw it too.
Glad to help as always.

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

DNall

By the way, this is my scottish clan's crest (really):

And I think that has some reference to a chastity belt & was probably directed at my anscetor stealing away their daughter. Least I can claim it's a family tradition (hank jr playing in the background).  ;D

pixelwonk

Pretend it's a variation on "don't tread on me." which i know is way too far in the future...
Any other euphemisms are surely to raise eyebrows.

thanks for the chuckle this morning.  :D

Fifinella

Quote from: DNall on April 09, 2007, 05:11:26 AM
By the way, this is my scottish clan's crest (really):

And I think that has some reference to a chastity belt & was probably directed at my anscetor stealing away their daughter. Least I can claim it's a family tradition (hank jr playing in the background).  ;D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touch_Not_the_Cat ;D

http://www.tartansauthority.com/Web/Site/The_Clans/ClanSystem.asp
"Like the boar, the mare, the cat and even the wolf were also ancient pagan symbols of superhuman power perpetuated by the Celts.  The origins and early affinities of many of today's clans can be seen in their clan badges: the dominant clan amongst the Children of the Cat were the Mackintoshes whose motto is "Touch not the cat bot a glove" (touch not the cat without a glove) and no less than four other clans share that motto — Chattan, Gow, MacBain and MacPherson."
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

Becks

somewhere way back Im a campbell,

BBATW

ColonelJack

I'm a MacDonald.  In the picture above I'm wearing MacDonald of the Isles tartan.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.

MIKE

Mike Johnston