Drill Team help

Started by CAPC/officer125, February 27, 2010, 03:47:55 AM

CAPC/officer125

The predicament: I am from the Wichita KS squadron and one of my former cadets is on staff at the Cunningham KS squadron. That squadron is fairly new (started at the beginning of the school and is a school program) and has been wanting to do things with my squadron to help them. We decided a while back that we were going to put together a joint drill team. We found out at Commanders' Call last weekend that the wing competition is 2 weeks from that date (next weekend- March 6th). We also learned that they weren't expecting any other drill teams...And we hadn't put ours together yet. So we decided what the heck, let's give this a go. I told the cadets at my squadron at our meeting on Monday and I knew I had multiple cadets interested...that is until I told them of the dates of wing and region competitions. I also had to pull out of being on the team due to scheduling of competition dates, but agreed to coach the team. So the team is entirely made up of Cunningham cadets, with the commander being my former cadet. We just had a practice tonight with a minimal amount of cadets there and this is the only practice I can go to between now and region because my parents are being arbitrary.

The question: How can I help this team without being able to be there for their practices that they are going to have all this week and during the next month (region is about 3 weeks after wing)? We will be working together at the Commander's Call the week before region.
C/LtCol Priscilla (Pat) Temaat
Eaker #2228
Earhart #14523
KS-001- KSWG HQ staff
2012 Joint Dakota Cadet Leadership Encampment Cadet Commander

DBlair

Since you won't be able to attend the practices, I'd suggest being involved with some of the Support Staff tasks such as preparing study guides, etc. Remember that not all events involve drill and so helping the team prepare for the panel quiz and written test events will be a huge help.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander