drilling at half steps.

Started by maverik, July 22, 2008, 05:29:32 PM

maverik

Well i just passed everyhting for acvievement for except for my drill test which I missed by one. I called a flank at half steps and I was always told that you could do this so  can you do moveent drill at half steps? ??? ???
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

MIKE

Quote from: AFMAN36-22033.13.1. The command Half Step, MARCH is given as either foot strikes the ground. On the command
MARCH, the airman takes one more 24-inch steps followed by a 12-inch step (measured from
heel to heel) in quick time, setting the heel down first without scraping the ground. The airman maintains
coordinated arm swing and continues the half step until marched forward or halted.
3.13.2. To resume a full 24-inch step, the command Forward, MARCH is given as the heel of the
left foot strikes the ground. On the command MARCH, the airman takes one more 12-inch step with
the right foot and then steps out with a full 24-inch step with the left foot.
3.13.3. The halt executed from half step is similar to the halt executed from a 24-inch step. The half
step is not executed from the halt nor are changes of direction made from the half step.
It is executed
only in quick time, and normal arm swing is maintained

Emphasis added.

Quote from: AFMAN36-22033.17. Flanking Movement. The command is Right (Left) Flank, MARCH, given as the heel of the
right (left) foot strikes the ground. On the command MARCH, the airman takes one more 24-inch step,
pivots 90 degrees to the right (left) on the ball of the left (right) foot, keeping the upper portion of the body
at the position of attention. Then step off with the right (left) foot in the new direction of march with a full
24-inch step and coordinated arm swing (Figure 3.12.). Arm swing is suspended to the sides as the weight
of the body comes forward on the pivot foot. The pivot and step off are executed in one count. This movement
is used for a quick movement to the right or left for short distances only. Throughout the movement,
maintain proper dress, cover, interval, and distance.
3.18. Face in Marching. The command is Right (Left) Flank, MARCH. On the command MARCH,
the airman executes a 90-degree pivot on the ball of the right (left) foot and, at the same time, steps off
with the left (right) foot in the new direction with coordinated arm swing. The pivot and step are executed
in one count, and proper dress, cover, interval, and distance are maintained
Mike Johnston