Squadron Meeting Schedule...?

Started by Luis R. Ramos, January 22, 2017, 09:25:36 PM

Luis R. Ramos

Could I ask who in your squadron makes your Meeting Schedule?

Who decides and modifies your Monthly Schedule...?

Can I hear your opinion on whether either / both should or could be done by the cadet staff? Or by the senior members?

:P
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Eclipse

The commanders or CD(s) ultimately.

Cadet staff can and should have input, but they aren't running the show, and are only 1/2 the show in a
composite unit.

Outside activities are going to be the OPR of the respective staffer. AE = Or-rides, etc.

We use the 13-week suggestions, with a 3rd Sat always on the calendar, and then occasionally tweak it to meet an opportunity or mandate.

"That Others May Zoom"

kwe1009

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on January 22, 2017, 09:25:36 PM
Could I ask who in your squadron makes your Meeting Schedule?

Who decides and modifies your Monthly Schedule...?

Can I hear your opinion on whether either / both should or could be done by the cadet staff? Or by the senior members?

:P

I was the commander of a Cadet Squadron and The Cadet executive staff made the schedule and I was the final approval authority.  This was how that squadron operated for years before me as well.  The cadet exec staff was also responsible for inviting any special guests or instructors that they needed as well. 

This is a tremendous learning opportunity for these cadets and in the 4 years I was part of that squadron I only saw issues with it one time and that was simply because the cadet commander was too busy and refused to delegate.  He didn't take is as a learning opportunity because he did not believe in delegating, he was a micromanager from birth and there was nothing I or anyone else could do about it.

Airplane girl

At my squadron, the cadet flight commanders make the schedule for the meetings, since we don't have a cadet commander, and it works quite well. I was a flight commander for around 5 months. The squadron commander approves it before the meeting, so the senior members are still involved.