Quarterly PT award

Started by BHartman007, January 05, 2015, 02:21:14 PM

BHartman007

I've been thinking about starting to do a PT award that would work on personal averages from quarter to quarter. Using personal averages would work like a handicap system in golf and allow cadet fluffy an equal chance against cadet Spaatz, since it isn't based on total output.

My thought is you take the scores from Jan, Feb and Mar, average them, and that's your quarterly score. Then take Apr, May and Jun and do the same. Whoever bettered themselves by the highest percentage gets the award. Not showing up to PT counts as a zero score.

Has anyone else tried something like this?

Wing Assistant Director of Administration
Squadron Deputy Commander for Cadets

BFreemanMA

I haven't tried it, but it sounds like a good idea.

For purposes of discussion, what type of award would your PT award be? Would it be a certificate or something to that effect? This looks like it might give cadets who are on either end of the "PT Spectrum" a little something extra to shoot for. This might also be a good way to include SMs into PT (voluntarily, of course!). I know I could stand to lose a few pounds!
Brian Freeman, Capt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer
Westover Composite Squadron

BHartman007

I'm not 100% decided on the type of award. At minimum a certificate and recognition in front of the squadron. Maybe even some kind of engraved trophy.

BHartman007

You can even get something like this pretty cheap for only once a quarter.
https://www.crownawards.com/StoreFront/ACL.Acrylic_Awards.cat