CAP Emergency Services Patch

Started by coastguard69, July 01, 2013, 02:30:18 AM

coastguard69

haha he does not have earrings, he is a close friend of mine
SCWG Encampment - 2012,2013
National Color Guard Competition(Commander) -
1st Place SCWG;3rd Place MER (March 2013)
GES,UDF,IS100,IS200,IS700,ICUT
Wright Brothers #22323 (December 2012)

Eclipse

Then he needs to see a dermatologist to figure out what's growing on both his ears.

"That Others May Zoom"

coastguard69

so you can notice something that's not even there, but you cannot notice the blatant size difference of the patches... hmmm typical CapTalk person right here

Eclipse

Quote from: coastguard69 on July 01, 2013, 03:35:34 AM
so you can notice something that's not even there, but you cannot notice the blatant size difference of the patches... hmmm typical CapTalk person right here

We've already acknowledged there might be a discrepancy in the manufacturer of the patches, cadet, however there is
no choice between "large and small".

"That Others May Zoom"

coastguard69

you talk like rank matters here... its a website, we're probably hundreds of miles away from eachother

and by looking at your rack, I know you've never been a cadet so don't talk down to a computer screen, makes you seem like a tool

Eclipse

Quote from: coastguard69 on July 01, 2013, 03:44:54 AM
you talk like rank matters here... its a website, we're probably hundreds of miles away from eachother

and by looking at your rack, I know you've never been a cadet so don't talk down to a computer screen, makes you seem like a tool

That didn't take long.  You are expected to comport yourself in the same manner in regards to senior members here as in person,
especially considering you've decided to post with your name and unit in the open.

As to my experience, I would hazard I have just a little bit of a clue about the cadet program.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

Actually, you were being disrespectful to a Lt. Col with likely as much time in service as you have walked this earth. You were being reminded of the fact that you are a cadet in a forum designed for seniors and being completely insubordinate with your name and location in full public view.

coastguard69

This is the "UNNOFFICIAL forum of Civil Air Patrol" no regulations or rules except for code of conduct. I showed no disrepect at all towards LtCol just stating that he cannot see the obvious, he imagines quite vividly what is not at all there, and that he was not a cadet and I did not believe he truly knows the cadet programs with how he began talking down to me. In fact, I believe he was much more disrepectful to me than I was to him, immediately setting out to proove me wrong rather than just answer my question, then saying I'm lying about there being patches of different sizes, even further say I'm lying about my good friend having earrings, and finally using the oppressive word, in italics, "cadet"

CAP4117

makes you seem like a tool

Quote from: coastguard69 on July 01, 2013, 04:17:37 AM
I showed no disrepect at all towards LtCol

See where I'm going with this? Sounds disrespectful to me.

coastguard69

key word... "seem". Meaning appearing to be. Never said he was, just saying his attitude was very disrespectful

CAP4117

A good rule of thumb to follow is to ask yourself, would I have said that to a LtCol, or any senior member for that matter, in person? No? Then I'd better not say it here.

Eclipse

Quote from: coastguard69 on July 01, 2013, 04:17:37 AM
This is the "UNNOFFICIAL forum of Civil Air Patrol" no regulations or rules except for code of conduct. I showed no disrepect at all towards LtCol just stating that he cannot see the obvious, he imagines quite vividly what is not at all there, and that he was not a cadet and I did not believe he truly knows the cadet programs with how he began talking down to me. In fact, I believe he was much more disrepectful to me than I was to him, immediately setting out to proove me wrong rather than just answer my question, then saying I'm lying about there being patches of different sizes, even further say I'm lying about my good friend having earrings, and finally using the oppressive word, in italics, "cadet"

Cadet, do you believe that the internet, and your behavior on it, somehow exists outside the normal rules for decorum and respect, especially
when engaged in a discussion with senior members?  Well let us assist you in correcting that misunderstanding, because it doesn't. 

Whether it's Facebook, Twitter, some other "social" service, email, or yes, here on this "unofficial forum", you can very well be held accountable for
your actions and comments.  The internet does not exist in a neutral zone of behavior.

As to the specific situation, we've acknowledge that you may have seen incorrectly sized patches, and if the cadet in question isn't wearing earring,
then clearly I was incorrect, however that does not give you license to be disrespectful, especially when none of us were.

Further, if you believe the term "cadet" is "oppressive", you may find yourself somewhat challenged in CAP, since it is a proper term of address
for a cadet member, regardless of grade, and especially from a senior member.

"That Others May Zoom"

coastguard69

And should a senior member talk to a cadet like that? call them a lier on a subject they know infinitely more about than they do (about the earring deal) then oppress them when they feel threatened... that's never happened to me before

Again, I was not disrespectful, just blatant on what I felt. Please call it untactful, if that is a word.

coastguard69

If I came off as disrepectful, however, I sincerly apologize, and I mean it. It's not my goal to disrespect anybody here, just find answers, and you made it very, very hard for me to do that. So, I am sorry, I'll be sure to never ask another question on CapTalk again if this is how myself and many other cadets get treated

a2capt

..and how are you the NCCGC Commander if you placed 3rd at Region?
Your unit holds the title of SCWG Color Guard, and that's where it ends.

The Internet is very real. Many learn the hard way.

As for the "choice" of size on that patch, there may very well be an unofficial choice. If you source an older one, you get the "larger" one. I think the newer one looks better of the two, it's a bit sharper.

coastguard69

Oh... I thought the whole activity was called the national cadet color guard competition... That's just what I was told by the officials there.

Eclipse

Quote from: coastguard69 on July 01, 2013, 04:36:49 AM
If I came off as disrepectful, however, I sincerly apologize, and I mean it. It's not my goal to disrespect anybody here, just find answers, and you made it very, very hard for me to do that.

Several experienced members answered your questions directly and immediately  - you chose to continue the argument about the patch size.
Cadets are treated no different then anyone else on this board.

"That Others May Zoom"

abdsp51

Cadet,

You will find that what you do here and how you carry yourself here will or will not bite you at your home unit.  Also perception is reality, and while this may be an unofficial message board there is still a code of conduct to be followed. 

And I will say this that I was a prior cadet, and I am currently a cadet programs officer and if you were in my unit and I saw this we'd be having a chat. More than one cadet has had to learn of the consequences of their actions here.

And here is some insight for you senior members no longer where the multitude of cadet ribbons if they have transferred from being a cadet. 

a2capt

Group/Wing, Region and then National. You compete, work your way up to the National Cadet Competition, by prevailing at the subordinate competitions, that it's also recommended that they use CAPM 52-4 as the basis for the competition, it's still the Group/Wing/Region Competition, and the highest you go with 1st place is your title held.

Those "larger" patches are available on eBay, and some other sites that may be selling CAP stuff, as used, pulled, old stock, etc. If you want one from the Big V right now, you get the 'smaller' one.

BillB

There was a slight difference in the T-34 patch that the CAP Bookstore sold and the patch that Vanguard was selling after the Bookstore stocks were sold out. The Bookstore T-34 patch did have a slightly larger T-34 on the patch. But the difference was so small you would not notice it unless you put the two patchs side by side.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104