Celebrities in CAP?

Started by JCW0312, December 09, 2007, 01:52:43 AM

mikeylikey

Quote from: Hobbsh1 on December 11, 2007, 02:39:54 AM
Quote from: sargrunt on December 11, 2007, 02:11:21 AM
I still don't know which one of those kids is Oswald...

Back right

Good thing you said that.....I had the wrong kid pegged for a murderer.
What's up monkeys?

Duke Dillio

Yeah sorry about that.  Found out on a different website.  Apparently the guy on the far left is his old squadron commander who supposedly was a CIA guy who got Oswald into the "conspiracy."  Should have looked at the web before I posted on here.  Sorry all.

Hobbsh1

Quote from: mikeylikey on December 11, 2007, 02:50:11 AM
Quote from: Hobbsh1 on December 11, 2007, 02:39:54 AM
Quote from: sargrunt on December 11, 2007, 02:11:21 AM
I still don't know which one of those kids is Oswald...

Back right

Good thing you said that.....I had the wrong kid pegged for a murderer.

I only recognize him from the Frank Burns look..... ferret face, no chin and thin lips >:D

Maj Dave "Hobbs" Hobgood
Group 1 PAWG

AC

Congressman  Larry Combest is on the books in our squadron as a leg./cong. member.

Terence Maroste      "We're Paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're
Maj, CAP                   supposed to be surrounded."
AEO
SWR-TX-293                  -Captain Richard Winters

PhoenixRisen

While I haven't found any actual sources that he's a MEMBER, I have read many a place on the internet that Harrison Ford has worked with the Civil Air Patrol a few times.  (Just Google "Harrison Ford Civil Air Patrol".)

Ken

Jonn Serrie is a CAP member.  He specializes in ambient space music.

O-Rex

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Jerry Lewis

shorning

ColonelJack

Quote from: sargrunt on December 11, 2007, 03:32:07 AM
Yeah sorry about that.  Found out on a different website.  Apparently the guy on the far left is his old squadron commander who supposedly was a CIA guy who got Oswald into the "conspiracy."  Should have looked at the web before I posted on here.  Sorry all.

David Ferrie is the person you reference.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Dragon 3-2

Quote from: SJFedor on December 09, 2007, 05:53:08 AM
I should bug Fred Thompson, who lives not too far from me, to join up. Imagine having a president in the White House who is a CAP member. That could be dangerous  ;D

I plan on being the first :)

Captain  Steven Smith
Aerospace Education Officer
NJ-102 Plainfield Red Falcons
Eaker #2089
2009 NJWG / NER Dragon Drill Team

James Shaw

Quote from: Johnny Yuma on December 09, 2007, 04:04:52 AM
One of the surviving "Munchkins" from the Movie Wizard of Oz was a WW2 member.

I believe it was the guy who played the coroner.

Meindhart Raabe is his name. He lives in Florida. He is in the most recent copy of the volunteer magazine. God story to read and the book was good as well.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

Flying Pig

Joe Biden is an Honorary member.  However, he made the comment that hes not a pilot so he wasnt able to really participate.  So that tells me he probably knows nothing about CAP. 

DBlair

Quote from: Dragon 3-2 on January 14, 2010, 03:17:37 PM
Quote from: SJFedor on December 09, 2007, 05:53:08 AM
I should bug Fred Thompson, who lives not too far from me, to join up. Imagine having a president in the White House who is a CAP member. That could be dangerous  ;D

I plan on being the first :)

You'll have to beat me to it... ;)
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

JayT

Quote from: Flying Pig on January 14, 2010, 05:25:34 PM
Joe Biden is an Honorary member.  However, he made the comment that hes not a pilot so he wasnt able to really participate.  So that tells me he probably knows nothing about CAP.

That's kinda our fault........plus I'm sure the VP has some other things to worry about then an honorary membership in CAP.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

FW

Mr. Biden was one of our strongest supporters in the Senate.  He is (was?) a member of the congressional squadron and knows CAP very well.

Eeyore

Freddie Prinze Jr. was on Fox News this morning and mentioned that he had once been a member of CAP and that he was kicked out.

Larry Mangum

Senator John Kerry, was a member of the Congressional Squadron at one time. I was part of the party that presented him his membership card and a flight suit.   The Beverly Squadon in MAWG, has pictures of all of us on the steps of the Capital during the presentation.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

Cecil DP

Col Jim Fleming, USAF Ret and Col Bernard Fisher, USAF Ret, Both AF Medal of Honor recipients from Vietnam
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Flying Pig

Quote from: FW on January 14, 2010, 09:41:17 PM
Mr. Biden was one of our strongest supporters in the Senate.  He is (was?) a member of the congressional squadron and knows CAP very well.

Not trying to start a political discussion, but Joe Biden and John Kerry have done what for CAP? 

Smithsonia

I have seen (somewhere) a CO/WG Membership for Former Mercury Astronaut Scott Carpenter. I think all of the original astronauts through Apollo were members, although likely honorary.
With regards;
ED OBRIEN