The Best of Squadron Patches

Started by Pylon, January 09, 2006, 08:41:09 PM

titanII

It's kinda been bugging me, so I'm gonna say it outright. It's Pineda. Not Peneda, not penyada, nor is it piñata. (nobody posted that last one, but, you know. Just trying to be funny  ::))
btw this was meant in a lighter tone than it probably looks. sorry if I offended...
No longer active on CAP talk

Zen Master Charlie

Quote from: titanII on July 06, 2011, 07:35:46 PM
It's kinda been bugging me, so I'm gonna say it outright. It's Pineda. Not Peneda, not penyada, nor is it piñata. (nobody posted that last one, but, you know. Just trying to be funny  ::))
btw this was meant in a lighter tone than it probably looks. sorry if I offended...

Haha, it made me laugh anyway!  ;D Now I know how to spell it!
"A lot of life is a lot of crap"

Eclipse

Quote from: Zen Master Charlie on July 06, 2011, 07:28:02 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on July 06, 2011, 05:20:27 PM
What you are forgetting, or perhaps didn't know, is that it was during HWSRN's tenure that wing patches were removed / made optional from dress and field uniforms.  Not exactly the kind of action that would indicate he was intending to redesign every patch in the country.

When I joined CAP in 2005, Penyada was still the Commander, and at the time, Wing Patches were still required. It wasn't until a couple years later that wing patches were deemed "optional."
It was march 2006

BTW, I'm just curious, this forum wasn't about who had what plan for what wing patches and who's right about what. Someone had posted florida's patch, and I figured that a Wing Director of Cadet Programs who was serving in that position at the time of their wings patch change, would know a thing or two about why they changed it, so i commented on the photo. It made since to me.
No, you indicated that the plan was to implement that design nationally.

Quote from: Zen Master Charlie on July 05, 2011, 06:58:32 PMMustang is right... This ugly design was supposed to go nationwide. Another one of X-General Peneda's great ideas But when he was forced to resign, and dissapeared, this universal wing patch idea went with him.

You said nothing about why or who in Florida.  I have no doubt whatsoever that a Florida Wing Staffer had information about the Florida Wing patch, and every doubt that HWSRN had any plan to make the insignia in question standardized for every wing.

Quote from: Zen Master Charlie on July 06, 2011, 07:28:02 PMDo you go around asking people to cite them selfs on everything? Is that your purpose in life? You have to understand here sir, that not EVERYTHING is written down on public documents for everyone to see.

Cadet Caldwell, the world is going to be a very exciting place for you unless you check your attitude a bit when discussing things you know little about with adults.

You may live in a Facebook world of high drama and low grammar skills, but in the real world of business and the military, people do not accept statements made as fact "because you said so".  And yes, when people say things to me that sound ridiculous or misinterpreted, I ask for substantiation. 

That's how you learn.

I'm sorry to be rude, but I call it as I see it.
Your behavior here and continued confrontational responses speak otherwise.

"That Others May Zoom"

viperred396

Quote from: Zen Master Charlie on July 05, 2011, 06:53:31 PM
[Hmm, I dont think the Foothills Cadet Squadron is using this patch right now. I think they have a shield. I saw a few of their cadets recently and their patch was more black if I recall correctly.

Actually I think they are still using this patch.. At the 2011 COWG encampment all of Foothills wore this patch

BillB

In an informal discussion, Pineda mentioned he wanted a single patch like the Florida patch with the Wing name in the top arc. He was Region Commander at the time USAF told CAP to remove the shoulder patch from blues uniforms, but said nothing about BDUs. So the wing patch was made optional on BDUs, however most Wings required they be worn. (I think I saw it was 27 Wings that required Wing patch on BDUs after it was made optional)
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Eclipse

Quote from: BillB on July 06, 2011, 09:49:12 PMHe was Region Commander at the time USAF told CAP to remove the shoulder patch from blues uniforms, but said nothing about BDUs.

The memo regarding removal of Wing patches from blues was dated 15 March 2006.  HWSRN was appointed National CC in July of 2005.

Removal was based on a request from CAP, not a directive from the USAF, and was enacted at the National Board Meeting on 4 March 2006.
Removing the patch from BDU's was not settled at that meeting.

See page 43 of the meeting minutes:
http://www.incountry.us/cappatches/library/minutes/nb0603.pdf

"COL HODGKINS, SR AF ADVISOR, stated that if the board decides to eliminate wear of patches on the blue uniform, he would need to seek Air Force approval."

Hardly CAP being "told to remove them".

COL HODGKINS/CAP-USAF/CC apologized for his earlier statement and stated for the record that on the question of whether CAP wears the wing patches "or does not wear the wing patches the Air Force is officially neutral on that CAP decision "

"That Others May Zoom"

Zen Master Charlie

Quote from: viperred396 on July 06, 2011, 09:25:46 PM
Quote from: Zen Master Charlie on July 05, 2011, 06:53:31 PM
[Hmm, I dont think the Foothills Cadet Squadron is using this patch right now. I think they have a shield. I saw a few of their cadets recently and their patch was more black if I recall correctly.

Actually I think they are still using this patch.. At the 2011 COWG encampment all of Foothills wore this patch

Yeah, I think your right. I might be thinking of their old one.
"A lot of life is a lot of crap"

Starlock

I've always liked this one. Odds are if you're in central/east Missouri wing you've seen it around a couple times. Apparently the border colors are the colors of the school they meet at, which is pretty smart!

lordmonar

Anyone see the Yokota Cadet Squadron patch in this month's Volunteer......that is a cool patch IMHO.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on July 11, 2011, 10:42:35 PM
Anyone see the Yokota Cadet Squadron patch in this month's Volunteer......that is a cool patch IMHO.

Very.

"That Others May Zoom"

MIKE

^ WINNING!
Mike Johnston

afgeo4

Here's my unit's patch. I welcome all comments on it.
GEORGE LURYE

Irishrenegade

Quote from: afgeo4 on August 14, 2011, 08:11:10 PM

afgeo4...I like it! Does the work inside the Disk have any heraldry meaning to it?
SWR-OK-113
Assistant Deputy Commander of Cadets|Information Technology Officer
Is laige ag imeacht as an gcorp í an phian

NY Bred and now in OK

VPI18

Quote from: Irishrenegade on August 15, 2011, 01:04:06 PM
Quote from: afgeo4 on August 14, 2011, 08:11:10 PM
afgeo4...I like it! Does the work inside the Disk have any heraldry meaning to it?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/106th_Rescue_Wing

Extremepredjudice

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

PHall

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on December 26, 2011, 11:31:58 PM

I can see two things "wrong" with the design.

By convention Squadrons use round patches and it has the infamous "Triangle Thingy"! >:D

RiverAux

Is that even the proper name of the squadron?  Don't see one by that name in the last capwatch database that I downloaded down to the "organization" table level.  Plus, it should have "SQ" or some variation indicating the unit level. 

Extremepredjudice

Another thing is we have no qualified ES people, so "search and rescue" ain't going to happen.

No it isn't our actual name.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

a2capt

They're not the only ones..

Could be a left over/holdout from a time when ....

PHall

Quote from: a2capt on December 27, 2011, 05:03:19 AM

They're not the only ones..

Could be a left over/holdout from a time when ....

Sq 150 is a lot smaller these days. These guys are one of those "Flying Club" Senior Squadrons you hear about.